Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehehe ok....so it was really that obvious? damn....I'm loosin touch

Don't worry - It wasn't quite pennies......but I paid $75 for it and some old spanish thing I wouldn't trust in my bathtub......
I got it from a commercial diver in NFLD, and toboot he had just had it serviced in June! (I saw the recipts and talked to the shop that did it)

In all honesty I find the conshelf breaths just about as nice as my new tx50.

rescuediver009:
Guess what model you have? A conshelf supreme. I am guessing that it has a little black bubble on the bottom of the first stage. That would be the environmental seal full of silicone grease to prevent freezeup. It works well and all but just messy to service. As for the second stage being all metal it acts as a giant heat sink to prevent freeze up in that department.
If you pickedit up for pennies, that is great. Even if you pay $50 or $60 for service you are up huge! Those are the regs that piss me off because they always find their way into everyone else's hands except mine.!!!!
Then allow me to upset you further. I bought two Conshelf XIV 1st stages and a 2nd for $38(includes shipping from Canada). All in good shape. Also came with an AMF Swimaster MR12 that I am sure is probably older than I am and a plastic body Mares 2nd stage which I have yet to identify.

Creed:
Then allow me to upset you further. I bought two Conshelf XIV 1st stages and a 2nd for $38(includes shipping from Canada). All in good shape. Also came with an AMF Swimaster MR12 that I am sure is probably older than I am and a plastic body Mares 2nd stage which I have yet to identify.

I think that I may jump on this bandwagon. I could use a pool reg for the course and such. Keeps me from rearranging my rig all the time. I know where I can get a couple.

rescuediver009:
I think that I may jump on this bandwagon. I could use a pool reg for the course and such. Keeps me from rearranging my rig all the time. I know where I can get a couple.

Huh?? I don't understand....

Calvinator:
Huh?? I don't understand....

I meant that I would find an old conshelf and service it and spiff it up for use in the pool when teaching courses. It would keep me from disassembling my current rig that is set up for doubles.

rescuediver009:
I meant that I would find an old conshelf and service it and spiff it up for use in the pool when teaching courses. It would keep me from disassembling my current rig that is set up for doubles.

Oh, I see!

I'm still using my Conshelf XIV I bought on Midway Island in 1981, great reg. I bought it because it was what the US Navy divers were spec'ing at the time and those guys were diving to 300' plus so I fugured it must be pretty good, WOW! the best dive gear decision I've made, although I'm still using my ScubaPro BC with intergrated octopus, and the 'ol ScubaPro Jetfins are still pushing me around the reef just fine.
You should see the looks I get with that international orange BC and chrome reg from the new divers!!
We used to also sell the Conshelf 21, I'm not sure but I think it was one of the first regs made of a plastic shell by USD.

I have a Conshelf Supreme I bought in 1982. From the accolades this model is still getting, I guess it was a good purchase decision. I haven't used any of the newer regs, so not sure how it compares. Question though ... if I start using nitrox, will I be able to use my Conshelf Supreme ? I've read on another thread that all I would need is different Orings installed. Anyone else using an old Conshelf with Nitrox ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom