Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotical:
I found a few mentions of Conshelf VI and XI on the web, but have no independent confirmation to determine if these are real model numbers. Perhaps the VI was the Calypso VI, and the XI might have been the XII. Can anyone confirm or deny?.
I bought a conshelf XI on e-bay - it's the first one I have ever encounterd but it still only sold for $11.95. The second stage is a pretty generic late 60's variation of the USD second stage. The first stage has a significantly shorter cap than the Conshelf XII.

I finally gotta test my Legend LX IN A POOL! IT WAS GREAT! But now, too scared to dive due to the tsunami that just hit Malaysia. Too bad....

I still have a conshelf that I first bought in 1990. They are excellent regs, I use it mainly in the pool or for simple shore dives like at Vencie Beach. I have had it under ice many times and on some deep dives. They do well

rescuediver009:
No... Yes... ...and No.

All the conshelf series of regs use the same kits. And so does the new Titan.

I realize this is an old post, but I was wondering about the difference in manuals? I have a 21.

Incidentally, I was curious whether the conshelf first and second stages were balanced or not. I now have an SE2 first stage and a Pro Diver second (which I understand is basically identical to the SE2's second and all the rest of them) and want to see just how balanced this rig is.

The first is a balanced diaphragm, isn't it?

cheers

Billy S.

If you're willing to take the word of a SB newbie there is indeed a Conshelf VI. I know because it was my first regulator. As noted earlier in the thread the exhaust ports are not very forgiving and with a total of 2 ports, one HP and one LP consumed by the second, the configuration options are somewhat limited. When the art of buddy breathing gave way to the octopus I upgraded to a Conshelf Supreme.

Moogyboy:
Incidentally, I was curious whether the conshelf first and second stages were balanced or not. I now have an SE2 first stage and a Pro Diver second (which I understand is basically identical to the SE2's second and all the rest of them) and want to see just how balanced this rig is.

The first is a balanced diaphragm, isn't it?
From the Conshelf XI onward
the first stage is a balanced diaphragm design. I am not sure about the earlier Conshelf models. The Conshelf second stages all seem to be variations on the standard unbalanced downstream design.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom