Conshelf xiv ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take it to your LDS and have them look at it ASAP. Unless it was really, really abused, it should clean up and work just fine.

well my equipment came in today. the secound stage reg and the octo look pretty good very little green inside and out but the first stage is scratched up pretty bad and the yoke looks like someone used vise grips to tighten it onto the din,but there is not any green inside the lp ports so i guess thats good.the surface of the first stage that contacts the tank valve o-ring is slightly scratched so i hope its not gona leak. i will have to wait and see since. i dont have a tank yet

Unless the scratches on the yoke interface are really really deep, that is not a problem, the tech just polishes it smooth. If he says it can't be done, find a new tech. It may take off the chrome if they are deep but it will still work fine. Same for the scratches on the yoke, they are cosmetic and don't hurt anything. Your biggest problem is finding a good tech who will not try and BS you into a new reg. Unless that reg is really trashed INSIDE it will be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom