Considering an Oceanic Versa Pro, But...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeflyer

Reaction score
I've been reading as much as I can about the Versa Pro, but I'm starting to wonder about it's algorithm. In several reports it has beeen suggested that the algorithm is particularly incautious. In the latest divernet tests
http://www.divernet.com/equipment/computers2003/comps2.shtml
It seems to indicate that it can give you excessively long times at your shallow stop.

As I'm new to computers, and this is going to be my first, I'm trying to figure out just what the algorithms are telling me, and why one computer would be better than another.

I read on the board that Suunto are considered about the most cautious out there, and generally cautious is a good thing, but you can have too much of a good thing sometimes.

Are there any good sites/pages that I can look through to try and make more sense out of this.

I've been considering the Versa Pro, I like it's displays and controls, I like the ability to alter the cautiousness, to make it fit the way I want to dive, but I worry that I'm not sufficiently knowlegable to make those sorts of decisions.

Any advice gratefully received,

J.

Rodales :demented: did a piece on most computers earlier this year or late last year. Showed algorithms of each via graph. Check out their website for comparo. I would also do a search on the board. The topic has been discussed many times and you can get some ideas from earlier posts. Dove both rigs and chose to buy the Suunto. It comes down to personal pref. Liked them both but dove more befoer purchase with Vyper so I ended up buying. Also, owners/operations manual IMO is better on Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom