Constant Ad running at bottom of screen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doby45

Do I have something in my teeth?
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does the Ad in question go away if I pay you money? That damn thing is the most annoying POS I have ever dealt with on a forum before. I am MORE than happy to donate to the board if one of the privileges I get is to disable that crap..

Does the Ad in question go away if I pay you money? That damn thing is the most annoying POS I have ever dealt with on a forum before. I am MORE than happy to donate to the board if one of the privileges I get is to disable that crap..

Thanks for offering to support the site.

Why yes, if you make a contribution, you can disable the ads.

Just have that ad popping up now, and well, it doesn't make me want to make a contribution. It simply makes me turn on adblock again.

It's a pretty damn low move from SB to put noisy ads that we can't even mute and place them at the bottom of the page.

This place does not run on wishes and hopes. It requires money to keep a forum going and most people do not like to pay that money when they get the content for free. Therefore, Ads are sold to companies so that currency is generated. If you do not like the ads, pay some money and then you can express your displeasure in how money is raised on the forum by blocking the Ads.

I never said they were not annoying and it also bothered me very much. Therefore, I paid to have the Ads removed. No one is saying YOU have to pay but to complain about it is akin to complaining about the flavor of free ice cream someone gives you.

I never said they were not annoying and it also bothered me very much. Therefore, I paid to have the Ads removed. No one is saying YOU have to pay but to complain about it is akin to complaining about the flavor of free ice cream someone gives you.

No doubt. We agree and SB is free to do whatever they want.

My feelings are that type of advertising has been proven to be terrible. I relate it to inviting someone to visit my house for a nice dinner and then blasting heavy metal music at deafening volumes the whole time. My guests have no right to tell me what I do in my house or how to cater to them, but I'm sure they won't be coming back next time. (Unless of course they love deafening heavy metal music)

I don't mind most advertising. Bandwidth and hosting ain't free. I know.

(And strangely, somehow my subscription expired when I wasn't diving so I'll have to fix that right after I post this. SB and QRZ are *important*)

There's an ever-increasing backlash against "bad" ads - auto-play audio being the worst offender. One of those just popped up while I was looking through SB while on a conference call :-(

Ads OK - NOISY AUTO-PLAY ADS not so much.

Back
Top Bottom