Content Labeling Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That being said, if we are at the surface before a technical dive has even started and already we have hoses failing, I will thumb the dive right then and there. I think it'd be extremely foolish to start a technical dive (or any other dive for that matter) with known equipment problems.

for me, this is definitely an "It depends"
I've swapped out stage regs for an entire new reg plenty of times, sometimes while in the water, just hand up the bottle and someone will switch it out.

I've also forgotten a reg and borrowed one at the last minute.

Saw a guy on a boat turn on a deco reg and had a hose blow ...should he now sit out the day when other regs were available ?

On a push dive in a cave after setting up for a week in the jungle, regulators needed to be shared between multiple divers and teams, and obviously there were some failures ... do you 86 a weeks worth of work just because a hose goes on the "big day" ?

for me, this is definitely an "It depends"
I've swapped out stage regs for an entire new reg plenty of times, sometimes while in the water, just hand up the bottle and someone will switch it out.

I've also forgotten a reg and borrowed one at the last minute.

Saw a guy on a boat turn on a deco reg and had a hose blow ...should he now sit out the day when other regs were available ?

On a push dive in a cave after setting up for a week in the jungle, regulators needed to be shared between multiple divers and teams, and obviously there were some failures ... do you 86 a weeks worth of work just because a hose goes on the "big day" ?

Is "Well DUH!" too strong? Of course it depends. Swapping out for something else isn't at all what I meant. Of course I would still do the dive if I had other equipment available to swap. At that point you aren't starting a dive with faulty gear, are you?

If you were in the water about to start a dive planned to deco out on 50 and Oxygen would you still do the dive if your Oxygen reg LP hose blew and you didn't have another available? I wouldn't. That's what I meant.

You mean like these?
Expo Low Odor Dry Erase Board Markers

Wouldn’t the dry erase marker soon get saturated with the Sharpie ink? I tried a Tide stain stick… It was slow to erase and was pretty well hosed the tip after one try… my bride was not too pleased about it either. :no:

I don't know about that low odor brand. Will it gum up? good question. I haven't repeated the process routinely. It's just one of those tricks I've learned having kids that write on things with permanent markers :shakehead:

I might, just back off the exposure a bit and deco out on 1 gas.

Flexibility :)

Is "Well DUH!" too strong? Of course it depends. Swapping out for something else isn't at all what I meant. Of course I would still do the dive if I had other equipment available to swap. At that point you aren't starting a dive with faulty gear, are you?

If you were in the water about to start a dive planned to deco out on 50 and Oxygen would you still do the dive if your Oxygen reg LP hose blew and you didn't have another available? I wouldn't. That's what I meant.

Evidently, I would of course not do the same dive I had originally planned (Until I take the "how to breathe from a tank with no regulator" training!!!)

Aluminum Tape.JPG

How about Aluminum Tape? Can write on with a Sharpie, and is pretty durable.

BTW - GooGone for tape residue.

Why not just write it in sharpie on the tank bands? I don't dive doubles yet but just picked a set up.

I like the Halcyon stickers, although sometimes it's hard to get a smooth tear at the perforations.

Back
Top Bottom