Copyright free music for DVDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although my piano skills are only 50 pages in the first exercise book I am making my own music. 15 years ago the producer of Culture Beat wanted to produce a techno song with me but he died in an car accident many years ago. With diving and filming I came to back to make my own sounds and music with Cubase 5 and many plugins like Omnisphere etc.

Examples in films:
www.marinevideo.eu - Socorro - meeting gentle giants

or

www.marinevideo.eu - Diving Kuredu - Maldives

You can also check the sounds page and read my comment there.

The problem: video editing needs a lot of time, music too. So, my output is not to big :)

I buy royalty-free production music from these guys:

StackTraxx Layered Music Libraries by Digital Juice

I'm not so sure about iMovie or other video editing programs, but when you import this music in Final Cut Pro, each instrument can be on its own track in your timeline, so you can turn instruments on and off, or raise and lower them to "remix" the songs to fit your needs.

They offer all kinds of great products for video editing. If you get on their email list, they'll send you deals every day. Last weekend they had a deal on the music - purchase any product for at least $15 and get a music collection for $1.

Just finished shooting and editing a piece for the AVN film competition. After a 2 week shoot, it took roughly 40 hours to edit and color correct. We had the finished edit sent off to a friend to do a professional scoring of the music. This was a first for me and the music was perfect and fit the entire film's ambience just right. One is never too old to learn. Interestingly enough, despite that I own a massive library of royalty free music from plenty of companies, not one piece would have fit this particular film, however the scoring was excellent.
Steve

Gee, not sure Vimeo or Youtube would allow this one to be posted as there is substantial nudity within. We finally finished, thank god and there were many shooting problems to overcome in that the whole film needed to be dark so we shot in very low light. Unfortunately, this produced a great deal of video noise which took me forever to color correct and remove as much of the noise as possible. Will let you know when and where it can be seen.
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom