Coral reef destination recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've snorkeled in the Caribbean, and am very familiar with reef tank corals from both (although many Caribbean animals are illegal). I really want to see the Indo Pacific, and I will someday. But I can get some diving experience and enjoy a nice trip in the Caribbean first. I was married 4 years, so no matter how badly the divorce goes, I will be free of her debt and support someday and plan to take many vacations between now and when I die.

With all that drama - I recommend a trip to Cozumel. I just returned. Reefs are really healthy; Quite inexpensive and wonderful place to visit.

Good luck to you bvbellamo. Plenty of good suggestions on the thread for you. My point was just to note it's not so difficult or expensive as it might appear to get out to SE Asia when you can. The funny thing is Asia could be rock bottom prices for decent accomodations if you knew a local to guide you.

I'll also point out that now (generally speaking "now") is a good time to do a liveaboard because your cost is only 1X rather than 2X when a significant other is along. Liveaboards cost a couple more because the "hotel" is now 2X instead of sharing a room. At 1X, hotel and liveaboard are a lot closer in cost. Pretty amazing experiences can happen when you are on a boat the whole time. I've had good luck when traveling as a single and people tend to bring you into the group more when it is just you. And as I recall, the Explorer boats are good and have prices in that kinds of range ($2K for just the boat ride, with flight extra). By mid trip, you will have forgotten about the drama. Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom