Corn Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody have much experience travelling to and from Little Corn Island (and Big Corn Island)? I have just read about it and it seems like a reasonable dive destination so I would like to look into it before it becomes a huge spot (if it ever does). If you have been there, was the travel a real challenge or did it go smoothly? I mean from Managua to the islands and not to Managua. Also, what was the diving like?

And feedback would be great.

Thanks

Roatanman has mentioned diving there, I think - but then where has he not dived...?

Well it would certainly be more convenient for him from Honduras than for me from Toronto (I woul assume anyways). I am amazed that even though it is a little island it is reasonably priced to get to. Hopefully I can get good feedback here because this may replace my Bonaire trip next year (or may be on top of it). Heck, each year my girlfriend (and dive buddy) and I do one trip minimum with non-divers and if there is enough to do on Big Corn island for the non-divers then perhaps that trip could be that trip.

What accomodations are available on Little Corn with air conditioning? The only one I can find is Casa Iguana and it is not air conditioned.

Sorry Wickets but this does not seem to be a popular thread to respond to. Hopefully people will stumble on to it and get us our answers. For me, this year's dive only trip is Bonaire so my answers can wait a couple months.

Yeah, I noticed. Makes me a little nervous about spending the time and $$ to get there without much information to go on. Still researching so I'll share whatever I find. I'm a little more cautious about going to some off the beaten path places now since we'd be leaving our toddler at home. I'd still need communication and a way to get home quickly in case of an emergency for me to be able to truly relax and enjoy my vacation.

Did either of y'all PM Roatanman? I think he likes to answer questions on threads so as to not have to repeat them, but I just PMed him.

It is a judgment call on how much exploring one wants to do in areas undeveloped for tourism, not ruined by cruise boat traffic, etc vs the comforts of home with a nice view, internet and phone conveniences, etc. I greatly enjoyed the 3 nights I did on Holbox Island Mexico last month with no paved roads, but yeah - I enjoyed the air conditioning and the assurances of phone services.

I suppose you both have ran searches, but just in case not - see these threads.

Anyway, we'll see if we can get you some more info - and look forward to your full reports with pics, I hope. I didn't shoot enough on Holbox.

Last edited:
One thing to maybe look into is staying and diving on Big Corn island. I only quickly looked at it but I believe you will have several more options and I am sure the diving would be comparable. I am sure it is at the very least worth looking into.

Did either of y'all PM Roatanman? I think he likes to answer questions on threads so as to not have to repeat them, but I just PMed him.

I'll bow out on this one- we dove it some years previous. I know a lot has changed since then.

There are any number of threads here on SB that go into how to get there.

I have had a number of very positive emails with this guy: http://www.divelittlecorn.com/

I'll bow out on this one- we dove it some years previous. I know a lot has changed since then.

There are any number of threads here on SB that go into how to get there.
Thanks. I've never been there, but wanted to try to help. I do see a large number of threads and left that link for them...

Back
Top Bottom