Coron Questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning stage right now, need to decide by this weekend. .. How is Coron/ElNido weather/viz around mid October? I dont mind the brief showers but hopefully no daylong rains? rough seas?

P

Hi, I live in Cebu and have dived Coron several times. Mid October generally is the end of the really rainy season so it should not be too bad. For the general interest of others that find this thread I would echo what others have said about AOW (essential if you want to dive the best wrecks). I would also recommend Corto Divers as a professional dive shop. If you have a good dive shop then Coron is a great place to do a wreck diving specialty course and Olivier at Corto is a great instructor.

I won't worry too much about the viz when wreck diving. The poor viz actually add an extra degree of eeriness on the wreck.
If you want to stay close to the wrecks then there are couple of expensive places. To stay in Coron town will require long daily transfer.

The latest addition:

Last edited:
Neptune divers were great at Coron. If you get the chance to go to Subic, Camayan Divers is a great shop to dive with also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom