Cost of GUE/DIR training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Richard, in some cases, it's possible the person who didn't pass the original class learned something from it, and actually improved . . . but couldn't afford to take the expensive class over again?

There IS something wrong with shopping around to find an instructor who will pass you, when you aren't passing material. And BTW, I had this discussion with Dennis before I took my FC class. He wanted to be sure I wasn't just shopping for a card. I told him what the issues were in my Cave 2 class, and he designed the FC class I did around them, to make sure he tested both my situational awareness and, to the small degree possible, my ability to cope with flow. And I remembered what David had taught me, and I did much better. I was using my own gear, I wasn't sopping wet and cold, and I had good teammates, and all of that helped, too.

Why, despite even giving an example, do you always think I'm talking about you?

Why, despite even giving an example, do you always think I'm talking about you?
Seems like you two are both active members of the DIR community out there and there's clearly some tension. Doesn't look good from an outsider, especially since both of you are people newer divers interested in DIR would look up to. One of you buying dinner could go a long ways to stopping this "misunderstanding" once and for all, regardless of who's wrong, and do way more good than the $40 it might cost.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom