Count Down to Wreckmania!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Wreckmania is now just one month away!
Let's talk about all the last minute updates here.
I will be arriving with Marci on American Airlines. We land at 12:06 on the 19th of July. We will pick up a car at Budget, and head out to Deerfield Beach.
I would like to know when each person lands, and who is driving.
If you have room to bring extra chairs and you're driving.. let me know.
We are still looking for a diver to share a room with Bob. And we also have one more room left.. for a couple or a single. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

:sunny:

Lyd and I arrive at FLL on Friday the 19th at about 11:15 via Delta Express, # 2431. We rented a car from Alamo, and will head out for WreckCentral from there.
We depart :-( on Tuesday the 23rd at about 2:00 pm via Delta Express # 2394.

We're REALLY excited about this! The only thing we're sad about is that we have to leave our new puppy at home....

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Scuba-sass :)

I love that. Maybe you can pack the puppy up and bring him/her with?
Should we ask the resort? Our first WreckmaniaPup.. could be a mascot ..or watch puppy ..what the doggy's name?

Well I am leaving here on the 15th, arriving in Florida sometime on the 16th. Joining Pete and Mike for diving and arriving at "wreck-central" on the 19th.

Then it's wreckmania, and heading home sometime or other -- I don't have to be back until 27th.

See you all soon!

I'm leaving out the afternoon of the 16th to Orlando (linking up with Pete and June). D(r)iving with them until we link up with the rest of youse guys.

Pam and I are arriving at Ft Lauderdale at 1:45 PM, getting our vehicle at alamo and will proceed to deerfield beach.

Mom is there anything other than what Walter has listed that we need to bring?

The new Pup's name is Tucker. He's an "American Bread Dog", meaning we don't have a clue. His mom looked like a Sheperd/Dobie mix, but he has a very square face, and is a beautiful brindle color. Best estimate right now is he'll reach about 90 pounds, so we're thinking dad might have been a mastif mix. Yupp, he's gonna be a Big Ol' Boy.

He has been simply GREAT so far, and I'm sure we'll rave about him endlessly in person, and yes, we'll bring pictures. Both of the pup, and Tahiti!

I can't imagine making him fly at only 4-5 months old, but thanks for the offer, Natasha. He'll just have to suffer throught staying the weekend with loving aunts and cousin-canines that will keep him heartily entertained.

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

I will have the beer cold and the grill warming for you guys. Kathy and myself arrive at FLL at 8:40 am, it was either early or late and I hate to getting a late start. Natasha, do you know if there is a place we can hang out until checkin time? I have a large car from National. Small, med and large were the same price so what the heck.

It might be good for Walter to repost what he wants/needs us to have....reels-lights-ect.

Hummmm.... speaking of reels, may throw in a fishing reel as well.

but should be back in touch with reality by then. Did someone mention cold beer???

Ok I'm starting to make the lists of what to bring ..
I will be bringing all the files. Those that have sent me their C card info ..I'll have them with me. The rest of you will need to make the copies and bring them for Walter's files.
So here is a small first list.

#1 C card copies and C cards
#2 I'll let Walter post all the dive equipment needs. And of course you can rent down there from Dixie Divers if you need to.
#3 While I'm on the dive stuff.. Walter we still need the tank sizes available and such.
Now on to the frilly... stuff AKA my job
# 4 If you can bring your own plate and silverware it could be fun to see all the different "china" on the table. If this is a hassel do not worry. The resort has informed me there is enough plates and silverware in the rooms with Kitchenettes to accommodate all of us.
#5 You will need to bring whatever you want to drink, to your meals. (There are stores to shop at close to Wreck Central)
#6 Bring any photo albums of your trips and underwater shots you would like to share with us. (I'm bringing two albums)
We will pass them around the tables!
#7 Bring your Favorite Cd's. We will have a CD player out there for our musical pleasure.
#8 I have several " give away" prizes for Wreckmania. We will be doing a sort of "Survivor" type thing so be ready! Hehehehe
#9 What have I forgotten? Help me out.
# 10 Looks like we will have a few 'one day drop ins' by some surprise guests. Be ready!

PS Herman and anyone that gets to the resort early, if your room isn't ready .. you can relax by the pool or beach until the rest of us get there. But chances are good your room will be ready after 11:00 AM or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom