Couple New Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fhlh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
My wife and I have been lurking on the scubaboard for a couple weeks while taking our PADI Open Water.

Why SCUBA....
We started this adventure because we have a vacation in Exuma, Bahamas coming up.
It's a 7 day vacation and the resort offers scuba so we figured we'd scuba while we are there, so we requested 1 day during our 7 day stay.
After scheduling the dive, we decided it would be best to begin learning scuba locally. We found a nice local shop and begin the PADI courses. The written portion was quick enough, but when we hit the water... we knew we where in for something unlike anything we've experienced before. The first couple of days in the water (pool) were interesting (trouble with mask clears, breathing) so we decided to slow the course down and take private sessions. This was good decision in our opinion as the training we received was very complete and we feel comfortable that we learned are skills properly. We have also developed a very good repoire with our instructure (which we think is key).

Anyway, to the good news! We completed our open water cert last weekend and on the last dive, we booth emerged with huge smiles on our faces... we are hooked!

We will be back in the water today taking a Peak Performance Buoyancy course to try to make ourselves better divers! Yes, we want to be good divers, especially for our upcoming trip and beyond.
Oh, yeah the trip. Instead of one day of scuba, we have signed up for three!:)
...and yes, the total cost of all the gear we have purchased has surpassed the cost of the trip! Oh well... if your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!

Anyway, we feel privileged to be apart of the scuba community and we want to thank scubaboard.com for being here. It is a wealth of info and we will continue to utilize the board as a resource as my wife and I continue on our SCUBA journey

Thanks!

Welcome! It's funny, as I was reading your post, I chuckled at the request for "one" day of diving during your 7 day trip. I was thinking, " That's gonna change." And in a few short sentences you went from one day to three! Please post when you get back from your trip to let us know how many dives you actually make. ( You can do your dives in the morning and spend the whole rest of the day getting a tan dreaming about the next morning dive ) :D

Back
Top Bottom