Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agreed @martincohn -- I don't people are really realizing the severity of this. Not so much the virus per-se, but the impact that it is having worldwide.

(I still don't understand the rush of TP though)
People buy milk, bread, TP, and bottled water if they think there is going to be some kind of breakdown of services. That's what their mother taught them, so that's what they do; it is easier than thinking.

San Francisco Bay Area in California is on Day 1 of 21 of a legal order to "shelter in place" which is nicer semantics for "lockdown lite". If you do it is supposedly a misdemeanor punishable by fine and/or imprisonment. We are not to exit your home except for necessities (health services, gas, money, groceries, some outdoor activity, etc.) as indicated here. So, we can't go anywhere..everything non-essential is closed. No travel. Also, not sure if it has been shared on this page yet, but Singapore also added 14 day quarantine requirements for anyone traveling from ASEAN countries, Japan, Switzerland, and UK. Everyone is subject to this, including permanent residents/citizens of Singapore. This is in addition to the previous restrictions set for China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, Spain, Spain, South Korea.

Many countries are closing borders to anyone but citizens and permanent residents and/or are requiring 14 day home quarantines, even if a citizen or permanent resident.
Have you read through the list of exceptions?

Have you read through the list of exceptions?

Yes. What are you trying to get at? Are you trying to suggest the exemption of:

"To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with
Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, such as, by
way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, or running."

as a way for me to take a car, get on a plane, and go diving? There is definitely not social distancing on a plane.

Yes. What are you trying to get at? Are you trying to suggest the exemption of:

"To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with
Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, such as, by
way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, or running."

as a way for me to take a car, get on a plane, and go diving? There is definitely not social distancing on a plane.
Just that the list of exceptions makes most things ok.

Is the quarantine in the same area as for animals? I like dogs, even those as difficult as people.

The World Health Organization has stated that dogs cannot get the virus and all canines in quarantine can be released.

That's right WHO let the dogs out.

I am quite confused to whom you refer on the first sentence...
The idiots fall into 2 groups, those who are behaving as normal and not taking any precautions at all and those who are taking excessive measures unjustified by the present situation. I will give you an example - my wife works part time at a food store, normal closing time is 23:00 but tonight they closed the doors at 20:00 so they could spend 3 hours undisturbed restocking the shelves empties by panic buying.

Your wife’s cousin, who should have been self isolating, could have asked others who had not just been on a cruise to do the shopping for her. Just drop the food off for her.[/QUOTE
Why should she be self isolating. The authorities, after keeping the ships passengers isolated for some time decided that my wife's cousin and her husband could return home as normal including flying.

somehow my text has got mixed up in the quote
Why should she be self isolating. The authorities, after keeping the ships passengers isolated for some time decided that my wife's cousin and her husband could return home as normal including flying.

The World Health Organization has stated that dogs cannot get the virus and all canines in quarantine can be released.

That's right WHO let the dogs out.
First dog found with coronavirus has died, Hong Kong authorities say

WHO does not know anything. Who is the pay master for its Director General?
china consumes large amount of dog meat. Not allow to eat game is bad enough for them.

Back
Top Bottom