Covid mask wearing protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's really not that difficult. It's a hypothetical question. If you had the virus, and fully recovered, would you be reluctant to travel? Or, would you feel that you have immunity, and not worry about it.

If you had the virus already then you could certainly travel with less fear for yourself but you'd still have to abide by local rules - can't you still be a carrier and spread it?

I have never heard about CDC was flip flopping in wearing mask recommendation. I sure like to see the link where CDC was flip flopping in this matter. What I heard in the early days, when hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, N-95 masks were in short supply due to public hysteria of contracting the virus and bought the masks out from any suppliers they could get a hold of, like the case of toilet paper, CDC announced to use other type of mask, other than the N-95, so the healthcare workers could have the N-95 for their use in taking care of the patients. Some hospitals even were recommending their healthcare workers to clean & reuse the N-95 masks.

Exactly. I just don't like people using pejoratives like that. Like when the senator from Florida said the other day that Dr. Fauci "lied" about masks. It's just not helpful, especially during a pandemic that is killing 3000 Americans a day.

It's really not that difficult. It's a hypothetical question. If you had the virus, and fully recovered, would you be reluctant to travel? Or, would you feel that you have immunity, and not worry about it.
Hypothetically, then, I really don't know. I haven't been in that situation so I cannot say how I would feel or how my doctors would advise me. I would follow their recommendations, whatever they are. You are asking me what level of immunity I would have from having the virus and recovering; I have no idea.

If you had the virus already then you could certainly travel with less fear for yourself but you'd still have to abide by local rules - can't you still be a carrier and spread it?

Theoretically, no. I was allowed to return to work ten days after the onset of symptoms, and without any further symptoms.

I still wear a mask when I go to stores or restaurants, because I don't feel like making a hat that says, "I already had it!".

I am much more comfortable about traveling than I was before I had it.

Theoretically, no. I was allowed to return to work ten days after the onset of symptoms, and without any further symptoms.

I still wear a mask when I go to stores or restaurants, because I don't feel like making a hat that says, "I already had it!".

I am much more comfortable about traveling than I was before I had it.
My son-in-law's parents caught COVID-19 from someone who had had it and recovered.

It's good that you do that, because it sets a good example. Right now, at this point, it's better that the message just be "mask up" when near people, indoors, etc... than setting up some elaborate rules for figuring out whether every stranger you meet really had it or not, etc..

I'm amazed at how regional this is. In most of NYC, you hardly see ANYONE not wearing a mask, unless they are running outside far from other people. I recognize that this is not the case everywhere.

I have never heard about CDC was flip flopping in wearing mask recommendation. I sure like to see the link where CDC was flip flopping in this matter. What I heard in the early days, when hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, N-95 masks were in short supply due to public hysteria of contracting the virus and bought the masks out from any suppliers they could get a hold of, like the case of toilet paper, CDC announced to use other type of mask, other than the N-95, so the healthcare workers could have the N-95 for their use in taking care of the patients. Some hospitals even were recommending their healthcare workers to clean & reuse the N-95 masks.

Experts did not say to use mask alternatives, they declared that wearing masks is ineffective and unnecessary in protecting the public.
"U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams had initially advised against the general public wearing face masks, saying they were “not effective” in preventing people from contracting COVID-19"
The WHO states on its website that “if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.”

In a U-turn, US surgeon general asks CDC to see if face masks can prevent coronavirus spread after all

Exactly. I just don't like people using pejoratives like that. Like when the senator from Florida said the other day that Dr. Fauci "lied" about masks. It's just not helpful, especially during a pandemic that is killing 3000 Americans a day.

Those kinds of public leaders are making the bad situation worse. It’s reflected in some of our attitudes towards wearing mask.

Experts did not say to use mask alternatives, they declared that wearing masks is ineffective and unnecessary in protecting the public.
"U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams had initially advised against the general public wearing face masks, saying they were “not effective” in preventing people from contracting COVID-19"
The WHO states on its website that “if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.”

In a U-turn, US surgeon general asks CDC to see if face masks can prevent coronavirus spread after all

Do you consider the "U-Turn" a bad thing or a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom