Covid mask wearing protocol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some States test the level of antibodies and exempt those who show immunity from wearing masks.
The case I know of, the subject is still good 10 months later.
What state has this policy?

I asked a Canadian man to please wear his mask appropriately on the ferry yesterday who was sitting in front of us...everyone else on the full ferry were wearing masks. Even infants.

The line in Playa to get on the ferry was at least 3 ferries deep and while most all in line wearing masks, I couldn't get out of that ally walkway fast enough.

CDC has flipflopped updated it's guidance continually on the precautions a few times. This is, of course, what you would hope would happen as more is learned every day about a brand new pathogen, and as any agency attempts to operationalize a massive volume of rapidly evolving scientific literature.

Fixed that for you

I don't disagree with you, but you are supposed to have some time limited immunity (amount of time is unknown). Given that, would you travel to go diving after getting over it?
I really can't say. I am concentrating on not getting the virus, and if in spite of the measures I am taking I were to get it anyway, I would have a lot more on my mind than diving.

Is there a legitimate reference indicating tourists are being blamed for spread that can be shared here, or is this conjecture? Outside of Bonaire, I’ve not seen enough contact tracing to confirm anything like this.

They say they are doing contact tracing here and they might be but I have never heard anything from the government here that said contact came from foreigners - why would they, if it was coming from foreigners then maybe we shouldn't be open?? There was one article in the US national news a few weeks ago about a music festival in Tulum that resulted in 300 some contact traced cases back in New York and Miami - pictures from the festival looked like a pre pandemic crowded concert......

The fear of the foreigners is that they are coming from problem areas and some don't seem to care about us, they want to act like nothing is happening while having their good time. While the street vendors may smile while trying to sell you things, I can assure you that they are muttering pinche gringos to themselves every time they see an entitled mask less tourist walk by..

What's key here is that things here at least are basically flat, we are at this level of cases and it is staying there - there was a huge spike, huge, back in July and August but I think that educated the population enough that more people are following protocals back in the cities.

It's really not that difficult. It's a hypothetical question. If you had the virus, and fully recovered, would you be reluctant to travel? Or, would you feel that you have immunity, and not worry about it.

Fixed that for you

I have never heard about CDC was flip flopping in wearing mask recommendation. I sure like to see the link where CDC was flip flopping in this matter. What I heard in the early days, when hospitals were overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, N-95 masks were in short supply due to public hysteria of contracting the virus and bought the masks out from any suppliers they could get a hold of, like the case of toilet paper, CDC announced to use other type of mask, other than the N-95, so the healthcare workers could have the N-95 for their use in taking care of the patients. Some hospitals even were recommending their healthcare workers to clean & reuse the N-95 masks.

Back
Top Bottom