Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey WetInPortland

Maybe you could edit your subject line on your post to read:

COZUMEL COVID-19 updates

Since so many of the comments are merely about COVID-19 in general and have nothing to do with Cozumel? Really appreciate your input and updates. Then maybe, just maybe these comments wouldn't be all over the place. Right now it's impossible to follow anything that has to do with Cozumel. Gracias!

You may be onto something. How about this - immediate mandatory exposure to the virus for everyone under, say, 50 years old, while the rest of us hunker down and wait for it to pass? Give us all a month or two of supplies so we can stay completely isolated from the rest of you until it's blown over. Problem solved.
Or maybe, follow through with the plan of "flattening the curve" without suggesting that it is a cure for anything except overloading the health care system. As we go, rapidly sort through the medications and procedures that seem to help, and then warn those most at risk to stay hunkered down as we get things going again.

Has Sweden Found the Right Solution to the Coronavirus?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...economic-ruin/
It is going to be very educational to look at the nations that did extreme quarantines vs those that didn't, consider their average age and such, then see what the death rate actually is over a couple of years. My prediction is that it isn't going to make a lot of difference unless A:We come up with a vaccine, or B:We find medications and procedures that really lower the death rate.

And how is this Cozumel related? :rolleyes:
We're isolated and bored as y'all on the island are, and there is not much else to discuss on the Coz forum. No one is posting trip reports or travel plans. The active threads in the last week have only been from Jlyle posting old reports, how to send money to Coz, will Coz close its borders. We'll get back to reports, plans, and me arguing with taxi drivers someday.

Try to keep up, this is scuba board, nothing is related.
s-l640.jpg

Maybe you could edit your subject line on your post to read:

COZUMEL COVID-19 updates

Since so many of the comments are merely about COVID-19 in general and have nothing to do with Cozumel? Really appreciate your input and updates. Then maybe, just maybe these comments wouldn't be all over the place. Right now it's impossible to follow anything that has to do with Cozumel. Gracias!
I don't see an option to edit the subject at this point. If @MMM or another Mod would like to make that change I have no objection. One would have thought that being in the COZUMEL forum would have been a sufficient hint.

Of course you're assuming that everyone will read and observe the subject line. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Update for Friday 10-April. It's unlikely there will be a lot additional details published over Easter weekend, and possibly not on Easter Monday (13-Apr).

In Quintana Roo, 163 cases, 232 pending, 40 recovered, 14 deaths. Cancun continues to account for more than 1/2 of the totals. Still 5 cases, no deaths officially in Cozumel.

It's a bit odd that the Cozumel Sun hasn't had an update since 3-April. The figures above are from the Secretaría de Salud Quintana Roo Facebook page (in Spanish) and provided here for convenience. I suspect that the government and many organizations are running even more limited operations for Good Friday and Easter. The Federal Health Minister continues to conduct press briefings, but my Spanish isn't good enough for that!

The US CDC extended it's "No Sail" order today for cruise ships operating in US waters, until at least late July, which would include almost all ships that would call on Cozumel.

In Quintana Roo, 163 cases, 232 pending, 40 recovered, 14 deaths.
Dang, that's an 8½% fatality rate while the US is closer to 2½%. I wonder.

In the US, the CDC finally decided to ask people to wear masks, and I suspect that this will be a big boost in prevention. I think they'll do more to slow infected people from spreading germs than protecting the uninfected.

Dang, that's an 8½% fatality rate while the US is closer to 2½%. I wonder.

In the US, the CDC finally decided to ask people to wear masks, and I suspect that this will be a big boost in prevention. I think they'll do more to slow infected people from spreading germs than protecting the uninfected.
As of April 1 Mexico had done 11,000 tests with 1200 of them positive. That shows that 11% of the people in Mexico are infected?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom