Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's why Dr. Zelenko prescribe a cocktail of Hydroxychloroquine, Mineral Zinc and Azithromycin. According to him Hydroxychloroquine would provide a gateway into lung cells for mineral Zinc to enter and slow down the multiplication of the virus and give time for antibody to start eradicating the virus. The Azithromycin is the antibiotic for treating the bacterial infection that could occur during the illness. His approach is to treat the patient aggressively and early (1st of 5 days).

He also says if you are young (under 60 years old) and healthy, he won't prescribe such medicine. You only need to drink a lot and may be take Tylenol and let your antibody fight the virus naturally. You may go through the flu-like fever, but you will survive and recover.

He has treated 699 COVID-19 patients with 100% success.

Let me just say that I am skeptical. For one thing, there have been healthy young people who have been killed by COVID-19. Not as many as those in the higher risk demographics, but it has happened; to say that "you will survive and recover" isn't 100% true. For another, I'll just say that there is a lot of unsupported information and downright misinformation out there on the free range internet, and what purports to be good news is getting a lot of attention whether it is accurate or not.

I have, of course, heard of the alleged successes of treating COVID-19 with antimalarial drugs, but until it is sanctioned by the CDC I will take these reports with a rather large grain of salt. And please don't anyone start up with "what they don't want you to know"; that proves nothing and will accomplish nothing but getting the thread purged or shut down.

Let me just say that I am skeptical. For one thing, there have been healthy young people who have been killed by COVID-19. Not as many as those in the higher risk demographics, but it has happened; to say that "you will survive and recover" isn't 100% true. For another, I'll just say that there is a lot of unsupported information and downright misinformation out there on the free range internet, and what purports to be good news is getting a lot of attention whether it is accurate or not.

I have, of course, heard of the alleged successes of treating COVID-19 with antimalarial drugs, but until it is sanctioned by the CDC I will take these reports with a rather large grain of salt. And please don't anyone start up with "what they don't want you to know"; that proves nothing and will accomplish nothing but getting the thread purged or shut down.

You can find lots of examples of anything when you are dealing with millions but WHO says that over 95% of all deaths in EU are people over age 60, with over half of those over age 80. Many docs have reported success with HCQ even though it's effectiveness is distorted negatively because it's only being used on those in very poor condition. Imagine how ineffective antibiotics might appear if they were only given to people once they reached ICU.

CDC is a bureaucratic organization that will tell us all we need to know about coronavirus... in two years. CDC assured us all January and most of February that the threat to the US was low. CDC told us not to wear masks until they told us to wear masks. If you draw the Covid stick, make sure that large grain of salt is laced with HCQ.

You can find lots of examples of anything when you are dealing with millions but WHO says that over 95% of all deaths in EU are people over age 60, with over half of those over age 80. Many docs have reported success with HCQ even though it's effectiveness is distorted negatively because it's only being used on those in very poor condition. Imagine how ineffective antibiotics might appear if they were only given to people once they reached ICU.

CDC is a bureaucratic organization that will tell us all we need to know about coronavirus... in two years. CDC assured us all January and most of February that the threat to the US was low. CDC told us not to wear masks until they told us to wear masks. If you draw the Covid stick, make sure that large grain of salt is laced with HCQ.
As I said, there is a lot of unsupported information and misinformation out there. Information that is distorted in one direction does not prove the veracity of information that points the other way. The fact (if it is indeed a fact) that antimalarials have had limited efficacy when they have been applied in dire circumstances does not prove that they would have been more effective under better conditions.

Peer reviewed science has brought our society a long way. While sometimes slow and not always perfect (nothing is), crisis is not the time to turn our backs and run back up the nearest tree. This outbreak is a relatively new phenomenon on this scale for this age and it won't be the last. Give our existing systems a chance to react. We/they will learn and adapt. Folks talk about faith...let's have a little in ourselves. All IMHO, YMMV. Stay safe. :)

If you listen to his video carefully, he says: "If you are young and healthy....". In his treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting:
1. Any patient with shortness of breath, regardless of age is treated.
2. Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.
3. Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated, unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2.

So, please show us cases of young and healthy patient that have died from COVID-19. Those young patient who died from COVID-19 may have high risk like, smoking, obese, etc. and meeting his treatment protocol 1 and 2.

80% of those with C19 need no treatment at all, this guy may actually have the cure for stupid

So, please show us cases of young and healthy patient that have died from COVID-19. Those young patient who died from COVID-19 may have high risk like, smoking, obese, etc. and meeting his treatment protocol 1 and 2.

What's the point? Even if one could show such cases, the aggregate data shows that less than 5% of those under age 60 die. Presenting cases here and there of young and healthy dying is not going to change the statistical fact that the *risk* to young and healthy is extremely low. Just as showing examples of plane crashes does not refute the fact that the risk of dying in a plane crash is extremely low.

If you listen to his video carefully, he says: "If you are young and healthy....". In his treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting:
1. Any patient with shortness of breath, regardless of age is treated.
2. Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.
3. Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated, unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2.

The operative words are "may have". Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Look, we are not going to prove whether or not this guy's treatment works or not in here; listening to his video very carefully does not provide any proof that there is any truth at all in anything he says. Suffice to say that it is information out on the free range internet, with all the baggage that comes with that. It could be true, or it could be a scam; I don't know and you don't, either. I hope it works, and if it does, we will find out once peer review has demonstrated it.

What's the point? Even if one could show such cases, the aggregate data shows that less than 5% of those under age 60 die. Presenting cases here and there of young and healthy dying is not going to change the statistical fact that the *risk* to young and healthy is extremely low. Just as showing examples of plane crashes does not refute the fact that the risk of dying in a plane crash is extremely low.
The individual risk of dying from COVID-19 may be very low for the young and healthy, but the risk of spreading it to those in higher risk demographics if the young and healthy just go about their business as usual is extremely high.

DeadliestPandemics-Infographic-27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom