Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing; wouldn't you agree?

I think the large number of furloughs of anesthesiologists might be an indication that the extreme measures being taken against coronavirus are perhaps excessive. I thought the whole point of flattening the curve was to spread cases over time so that hospitals did not get crushed by a flood of cases all at once. But if you have such excess capacity at hospitals that two thirds of anesthesiologists are being furloughed, then perhaps the curve is being flattened more than necessary.

Hard to strike a balance with medical staff at this time. In the UK our A and E depts have morphed into walk-in centres for just about any symptom over the last few years. Cue endless news stories about a system verging on collapse due to pressure and long waiting times. Those same services are now virtually empty because the masses are staying away and sports and alcohol injuries are not happening. The spare staff here have plenty of covid work instead and I'm sure that will be the case in most countries. At least where there's delay in the curve preparations can be made and there is benefit from earlier experience. The medical world does seem to share info.

As of 6pm, 155 positive cases, 225 pending, 37 recovered, 12 deaths. Official stats continue to show five cases and no deaths in Cozumel.

As mentioned in the original post, Mexico requires, under the state of emergency, that businesses continue to pay employees. According to an article in Riviera Maya News, some of the large resorts have nonetheless fired workers. My thoughts on the matter can be found in The Pub.

Which is why it won't work and it is foolish to think it will.
I'm not actually saying that it will be eradicated by social distancing - I thought that was clear from my last sentence. In theory, it could work that way. That's essentially how bubonic plague ended: there were too few living people left for it to continue.

I'm not actually saying that it will be eradicated by social distancing - I thought that was clear from my last sentence. In theory, it could work that way. That's essentially how bubonic plague ended: there were too few living people left for it to continue.
Bubonic plague has not ended. We have less rats and fleas in our houses now so the vector isn't there.

Bubonic plague has not ended. We have less rats and fleas in our houses now so the vector isn't there.
Also, bubonic plague is caused by a bacterium, which is treatable with antibiotics. I do not know if it is possible to develop antivirals which are as generally applicable to viruses as antibiotics are to bacteria, but if it is we'd better get working on it. And yes, I know about the overuse of antibiotics, yadda yadda, but still.

Also, bubonic plague is caused by a bacterium, which is treatable with antibiotics. I do not know if it is possible to develop antivirals which are as generally applicable to viruses as antibiotics are to bacteria, but if it is we'd better get working on it. And yes, I know about the overuse of antibiotics, yadda yadda, but still.

That's why Dr. Zelenko prescribe a cocktail of Hydroxychloroquine, Mineral Zinc and Azithromycin. According to him Hydroxychloroquine would provide a gateway into lung cells for mineral Zinc to enter and slow down the multiplication of the virus and give time for antibody to start eradicating the virus. The Azithromycin is the antibiotic for treating the bacterial infection that could occur during the illness. His approach is to treat the patient aggressively and early (1st of 5 days).

He also says if you are young (under 60 years old) and healthy, he won't prescribe such medicine. You only need to drink a lot and may be take Tylenol and let your antibody fight the virus naturally. You may go through the flu-like fever, but you will survive and recover.

He has treated 699 COVID-19 patients with 100% success for $20 medicine cost/patient.

Back
Top Bottom