Cozumel Equalizers - A Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and I feel safe sharing this since no one else will see this --*wink*-- When I dove with Deep Blue last year, I did not pre-arrange for 5 days of diving. I just kept coming back for 5 days. Actually each day I said that I would be back the next day, "okay?" and they worked with me / us. When it came time to settle up at the end of the week, Matt gave me the discount at that point.

Of course I was there with a group that fluctuated, but some days 5 or 6 dove, other days it was just me. I really appreciated feeling like I was trusted. They may not do that all the time, but I appreciated it. (I think they had my CC number from the first day)

I can understand wanting to stick with a guide that you really liked. However. . . hey, it's your life.

Wristshot

I have dove with Cozumel Equalizers many times and have always had good experiences. The owner, Darwin has always presented himself in a honest and professional manner when I have dealt with him. I'm sorry to hear your experience was less than expected. I know in business it's hard to please all people at all times. I hope the negative opinions are not shared by most of the operation's clients. Darwin and Cozumel Equalizers have always met or exceeded my expectations as well as most others I've known who use them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Wristshot:
and I feel safe sharing this since no one else will see this --*wink*-- When I dove with Deep Blue last year, I did not pre-arrange for 5 days of diving. I just kept coming back for 5 days. Actually each day I said that I would be back the next day, "okay?" and they worked with me / us. When it came time to settle up at the end of the week, Matt gave me the discount at that point.

It's funny that another scubaboard couple we met in Coz found Deep Blue frustrating and had troubles getting the dives they wanted due to the "voting method." Fair, but still unfair if one party takes up 6 of 8 spaces. But they complained and went on a different boat for future dives. What's for sure next time I won't pay up front. Well we only paid for 2 days up front with Darwin...and the problems really happened on days 3 and 5!

Um . . . Not exactly what I intended considering this board.

Some people love Coke and some people love Pepsi.

If you are happy with a Dive Op, then give them your business. You can't expect everyone to be thrilled every time. Everyone has different expectations and different experiences. I was outvoted on one dive location with Deep Blue, but I still had a real good dive.

No dive op is going to be everything to everyone, and occasionally someone has a bad day; the guide, the dive shop owner or the diver themselves.

I have heard a LOT of good comments about Christi (and a few others) and I would probably bring my business to her if Deep Blue ever was unable or unwilling to take care of me.

One bad review on SB would not turn me away from any dive op, but if there was a detectable trend, then that would be a different story.

Again thanks for sharing your experiences, and for letting me voice my opinions.

Caio,

Wristshot

(Caio? where did THAT come from? gotta ease up on the sinus medications!)

Wristshot:
Um . . . Not exactly what I intended considering this board.

Some people love Coke and some people love Pepsi.

I am trying to ferret out what that was a reply to for the sake of context, but I haven't been able to. Can you shed some light?

Thanks,

Gordon,

My response was in reference to DrSteve's comment that he met a couple that had trouble with Deep Blue. My first thought was "different strokes for different folks". After I started typing I remembered that "Strokes" takes on a complete different meaning in ScubaBoard.

For every dive op someone in here "loved", someone else had or heard a complaint. For every dive op slammed on SB, usually several people had complimentary things to say.

It just shows that it isn't just black or white, but many shades of gray.

My belief is that you stick with what you like, and you take everyone else's comments with a grain of salt. You will probably never find a dive op that everyone loved completely. However, you can also see some trends in the comments. Some have more complaints and some have more positives than others.

That was supposed to be the general drift of my message,

Wristshot

Wristshot:
Gordon,

My response was in reference to DrSteve's comment that he met a couple that had trouble with Deep Blue. My first thought was "different strokes for different folks". After I started typing I remembered that "Strokes" takes on a complete different meaning in ScubaBoard.

[...]

That was supposed to be the general drift of my message,

Wristshot

I got the gist, what I didn't get was that your comment about something not being what you intended was referring to the "Strokes" in your subject line.

But yes, I agree with you absolutely; my answer to folks (usually new ones to this forum) who post questions like, "What's the best dive op on Cozumel?" is that there is no non-subjective answer to their question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom