Cozumel in December anyone? Looking for a partner for a diving trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ernani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,
Wife takes the kids to their grandparents and I have a couple of weeks for myself [between December 12th and 26th]. I am planning a trip to Cozumel [though I am open to other ideas] and it will be nice to find somebody to join me.
I live in California's Bay Area [Peninsula], male, 49, happily married - and this is a totally platonic offer - open to both sexes...
As diving goes, I can be considered a very experienced bubble maker [over 3,000 dives all around the world].

Cheers,
yuval

When you book your boat diving you will have dive buddies onboard. My wife and I spent a week last January in Cozumel and my wife does not dive so I was a lone diver joining 6 other divers on the dive boat. Enjoyed a week of great boat diving and met some great people on the boat. Also some ops will allow your spouse to ride along at a reduced fee if there is room on the boat. I will be going back in April and this time my wife said that she would like to ride along on one of the days just for the fun of it.

Gaffer

When I dove Cozumel, the dives were all guided, so you can just find a buddy on the boat or hang out with the Dive Master who is guiding you around. We weren't allowed to just go off on our own without the Dive Master. The group all stayed together being lead around.

Are you looking for a dive buddy or a room-mate. No need for former given how most ops operate.

Actually, I am looking for a trip companion / room mate [but we don't have to share a room - it is not about the savings]. I am not concerned about the dive buddy [I actually prefer diving alone, but I do understand it is not a feasible option on Cozumel]. Last couple of years I went on solo dive trips to Bonaire [where diving alone is, of course an option], and this time I feel like having company [but not the type of a dive-club group].
Cheers,
Yuval

Well in that case I'll be there for the time frame you are going. I've booked dives with Living Underwater although I think they are full for a few of the dates you are talking about.

I'm down for about 7 weeks so didn't book 7 straight weeks of diving...will fill in dates as I feel like diving. LU is my first choice and Blue Angel my second. Latter can nearly always accommodate, no matter what. And given how much and how long I've dived with them, put me on the boat with my preferred DM.

I'll be with my non-diving husband and staying at my house in Coz.

Someone must be feeling better if she has booked dive trips:D Thats great. Wish you were down this week, we need help eating these cookies!

Busy time of year with school kids out and families planning winter vacations. Some planes still pretty empty tho; a spot check of air fares show a range of wow! $383 to $648 depending on dates. Much nicer fares than out of Lubbock.

I think if you ask the Operator to not put you on the newbie boat the first day, by the second days they'll let you do pretty much whatever you want.

Someone must be feeling better if she has booked dive trips:D Thats great. Wish you were down this week, we need help eating these cookies!

Yes, I'm feeling great. Limited range of motion still but it gets better every month. I wish I was there too: this H1N1 stuff really has me running at work. Just returned from a 3 hour meeting planning next week's vaccine rollout and supporting communications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom