Cozumel in January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not going?

haha, no I'm going. I'm saying loudives copied the list from a post before mine, so I'm not on his. I think this is complete (so far):

MMM - All of January
njones259 - 01/01 thru 01/08 Staying: Hotel Cozumel Diving: Blue Angel + maybe others
Blackwood - 01/01 thru 01/10 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel + maybe others
rossandmaureen - 01/02 thru 01/08 Staying: Hotel Cozumel Diving: Jeremy
Daz - 01/04 thru 01/19 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
Bobby T - -01/05 thru 01/12 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
marcus8 - 01/6 thru 0/14 Staying: Hotel Cozumel Diving:
seattitude - 01/06 thru 01/14 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
Illini Fan - 01/07 thru 01/14 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
jjwdiver - 01/07 thru 01/17 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
Infantry 169 - 01/08 thru 01/14 Staying: Diving: BlueXTSea
G'Diddy - 01/09 thru 01/16 Staying: Scuba Club Diving: Scuba Club
BigHarryDiver - 01/09 thru 01/17 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
kwest - 01/11 thru 01/20 Staying: Park Royal Diving: Blue Magic Scuba
Himself - 01/13 thru 01/31 Staying: Hotel Barracuda Diving: Dive Paradise
loudives - 01/15 thru 01/20 Staying:Costa Brava Diving:Bottom Time
tailspin - 01/16 thru 01/23 Staying: Iberostar Diving: Dressel Divers
parrotheaddiver - 01/17 thru 01/24 Staying: Alicia's B&B Diving: BXTS
JimmyEis - 01/19 thru 01/26 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel
KY Bob - 01/23 thru 01/30 Staying: Hotel Cozumel Diving:
divingmoose 01/24 thru 02/02 Staying: private Diving: Pelagic Ventures
agilulfo - 1/28 thru 02/02 Staying: Blue Angel Diving: Blue Angel

Just curious. What are the 'rules' for diving in Cozumel? Like I am guessing you can't wear gloves? I dive the northeast mainly - listen to me mainly (a whole 9 dives) - and maybe we do things differently. But what other fax paus can I avoid? Tips, tricks, etc. Come on you Coz veteran's spill the beans.... :HHGTTG:

Hi-no knives, gloves. Obviously don't touch the critters or feed them. Some of us teaze the toads.
As far as tipping I give 10$ to the dm/boat captain for 2tank dive. If we go to the far south an extra 5 for the extra time.
Your diving with Christi so she has fruit and drink on board, I hear she bakes too.
Restaurant tipping is the same for me. 15%.
And only wear your speedo if your diving with Dandydon.
HAVE fun is rule 62. So do that soldier!! lol.

According to one person the island is full of dangers! Beware of the friendly people, stay away from the great food which is everywhere! Diving sucks because you go with the current and dont exhaust yourself, and you see way too much stuff to get bored...where is the fun in that?!

Seriously, like any diving - be aware of yourself in relation to critters and corals. Fins do more damage than fingers many times! Tip for good service, tip better for over and above service. Dont be rude, dont smoke on the dive boat (really...you can wait until you get off it) and rule 62 always applies!

:work: Ok the details have finally been worked out. We will be staying at the Casa Mexicana 1.8.10 - 1.15.10 and diving with BlueXTsea. So, I hope to see some of you there. Until then I can dream and wait :jail:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom