Cozumel in January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are arriving on the 1st.Will do the 8:00 dives on the 2nd.The night dives sound good for the 3rd and will probably be good for another night dive on the 6th.Would be great to do them with Jorge.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Jeanie with regard to the maximum they take on the Twilight/Night dive. If I understood correctly, sounds like njones259 would be in for the 6th (2 people) and possibly Reg Braithwaite for 2 more. I'll wait a few more days to hear back from others. Colleen and I would like to book at least 3 of them between the 6th and the 10th.

LOOKING FORWARD TO A FEW COCKTAILS WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Merry Christmas! It's actually raining hear in Wisconsin - very odd???

My husband and I are scheduled for diving 2 tank morning dives with Blue Angel on Jan 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th and 13th. We are more interested in a couple of 1 tank night dives and maybe a couple of afternoon dives. We have hired a private driver on the 10th to go to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam for a day of sightseeing.

Can't wait to put away the Christmas tree and get out our dive gear.

Maybe we'll do it again on the 6th, I can't say until I've talked with him...

My wife gets into town that afternoon, but we'll see. Let's play it by ear.

Also, see this post: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4929512-post11.html

Chris and I have some dives booked with another op (recommended by his coworker) on the 7th and 8th (in addition to those with Blue Angel the 2nd through the 6th). On the 9th we're going to Tulum and Coba on the mainland. If there's room you're welcome to join (diving, ruins or both).

Either way, see you in about 6 days!

Chris and I have some dives booked with another op (recommended by his coworker) on the 7th and 8th (in addition to those with Blue Angel the 2nd through the 6th). On the 9th we're going to Tulum and Coba on the mainland. If there's room you're welcome to join (diving, ruins or both).

Either way, see you in about 6 days!

I'm booked with Blue Angel from the 3rd through 6th. I am probably going to extend my stay at the resort and yeah, I'm into doing more dives presuming you don't have to rescue me too many times :)

I've done the ruins a few times but it's not like you can see everything in a single lifetime. Likewise, if there's a chance you guys are into a cenote trip to the mainland, I'm stoked to do some more cavern diving.

Hi from Cozumel...been down here since Nov 1....diving with Aldora...one of the best on the island. Will be going out as much as we can in Jan. Eagle rays are finally here, and have seen one or 2 on most dives. Staying at Condos Puesta del sol. I am new to scuba board, but have met some great folks on it. We have tried a bunch of restuarants and dive sites, so give me a shout if you like.....Joel

I'm booked with Blue Angel from the 3rd through 6th. I am probably going to extend my stay at the resort and yeah, I'm into doing more dives presuming you don't have to rescue me too many times :)

lol. I could use the practice. :p

besides, you're the 'old hand'... I've never been to coz.
I've done the ruins a few times but it's not like you can see everything in a single lifetime. Likewise, if there's a chance you guys are into a cenote trip to the mainland, I'm stoked to do some more cavern diving.

I've been to chichen itza and tulum, but my wife is a non-diver AND has a degree
in anthropology, so put 2 and 2 together.

I'd love to do the caverns, but we are pretty much booked solid. I may be doing Cave 1 later in the year anyway...

I'm in as well....the wife and I along with a whole group from West Michigan will be down there January 23 through the 30th. We are staying at Casa Del Mar and diving with either Dive Palancar or Del Mar Aquatics...i can't remember which one....it is part of a package deal.

...and was a newbie (only 8 dives) before that. I'll be in Cozumel in a few weeks and want to take it easy. Any recommendations on where? Is the Marine Park any good? So many good dive shops recommended on scubaboard; anyone in particular best with the timid?

Oh, yeah: I'm 56 and in OK shape.

Thanks!

You may want to contact some operators with smallers boats; they tend to cater to specific needs more so than larger operators. There are many good ones. However, you may want to do a refresher with a hired DM or instructor your first day to regain the skills in your OW course.

I will be in Cozumel for my 3rd time and will dive again with Blue XT Sea. I prefer to stay close to town (Casa Mexicana for example) so that I am close to local restaurants and shops (and Starbucks).

Good luck with your trip.

Back
Top Bottom