Cozumel in January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's probably a little late to be asking this since I'm leaving in about 57 hours, but:

What exposure protection is appropriate this time of year?

From the FAQ in the forum page, I'm expecting the water to be in the 78-80 degree range. I have a 2mm shorty and access to a 5/4 full suit. I was hoping to start in shorts and work my way up if necessary, but I'd rather not bring the full suit.

I generally don't get cold quickly, but with 8 days of diving... I'm not so sure.

Any last minute advice would be appreciated.

-MB

Temp varies from person to person of course; I am bringing a 3mil full suit & a hood.

I would bring the 5/4, but thats just me...especially diving 8 days. I would rather be too warm than cold. Boat rides tend to be a tad less warm in Jan too. Is that clear as mud? :D

I will also be using a 3mil full suit when I arrive in two weeks. I keep a hood in my dive bag but I have yet to use it. You will see divers in just swim suits and local divemasters in 7mil suits. If you are planning on doing any cenotes on the mainland you might want the 5/4.

T

l

s

:)

it's probably a little late to be asking this since i'm leaving in about 57 hours, but:

what exposure protection is appropriate this time of year?

from the faq in the forum page, i'm expecting the water to be in the 78-80 degree range. I have a 2mm shorty and access to a 5/4 full suit. I was hoping to start in shorts and work my way up if necessary, but i'd rather not bring the full suit.

I generally don't get cold quickly, but with 8 days of diving... I'm not so sure.

Any last minute advice would be appreciated.

-mb

...and was a newbie (only 8 dives) before that. I'll be in Cozumel in a few weeks and want to take it easy. Any recommendations on where? Is the Marine Park any good? So many good dive shops recommended on scubaboard; anyone in particular best with the timid?

Oh, yeah: I'm 56 and in OK shape.

Thanks!

Try www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul goes nice and slow very relaxed diving.
The whole south end 95% of dive sites are in Marine park.
If you mean Chakanab Park (spelling) for diving it's just good for resort course or to check equipment before you do boat dives. To me it's not worth the admission price just to dive in 25' of water with 100 other divers, snorkelers, and swimmers everywhere just to see a sand bottom.

Great shot of EW, polio survivor, olympic champion, movie star.

My husband and I are scheduled for diving 2 tank morning dives with Blue Angel on Jan 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th and 13th. We are more interested in a couple of 1 tank night dives and maybe a couple of afternoon dives. We have hired a private driver on the 10th to go to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam for a day of sightseeing.

Can't wait to put away the Christmas tree and get out our dive gear.

If you are staying at BA you can swap out any of the morning dives for a 2-tank T/N dive for an extra $5 per person - though we need a total of 3 divers otherwise they won't make the trip. Colleen and I are in for any day(s) on the 6th thru the 10th. Pick a day and I'll schedule it with Jeanie at BA. I think we have 4 for the 6th already. If we can confirm those dives ahead of time we don't have to worry about missing a morning dive. Let me know.

g/f and I are leaving the 12th of Jan for 10 days in Coz. can't wait...second time there and love it...staying at scuba club cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom