Cozumel in January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at SCC last January. The place was great. Make sure you ask for the secret house Habenero sauce - and a couple cold beers.

6 MORE DAYS!!!! I think the clock has officially stopped ticking! Feels like Jan will never get here!

6 MORE DAYS!!!! I think the clock has officially stopped ticking! Feels like Jan will never get here!

January arrived, now my countdown clock has apparently frozen at 5 days.:idk:

wx.jpg

:depressed:

It's probably a little late to be asking this since I'm leaving in about 57 hours, but:

What exposure protection is appropriate this time of year?

From the FAQ in the forum page, I'm expecting the water to be in the 78-80 degree range. I have a 2mm shorty and access to a 5/4 full suit. I was hoping to start in shorts and work my way up if necessary, but I'd rather not bring the full suit.

I generally don't get cold quickly, but with 8 days of diving... I'm not so sure.

Any last minute advice would be appreciated.

-MB

Just got back, the water temp’s are warmer right now than most years at this time. Never saw less than 80’ and a lot of 81-82’. Dove a full 3mm with a hooded vest and was never cold. Even if you don’t think you will need it, use the 5/4 instead of the 2mm shorty, way too many hydroids and also some jellies around.

60 hours and counting - Windchill is -15 here in Wisconsin.:coffee:

Two Things - I never really formalized any of the T/N Dives with anyone. My fault - it's been way to busy here at work. Colleen and I are in for any and all days Jan. 6th thru Jan. 10th. We let Jeanie at BA know that we plan on doing the 8am dives if we cannot find a 3rd person by the night before. If you are interested just sign up at the dive shop and we'll check in with you once we arrive.

Second, my Green Bay Packers will be playing next week Saturday or Sunday. I plan on heading into town for several Tecates if anyone would like to join me. The wifey will be shopping as she has no real interest in the game.

B&C

Let the packing begin! Spent New Years Day working about an hour north of Albany NY. My car now looks like a salt block..

But hey - who cares... less than 1 week until Coz!! Yipeee

My husband and I are scheduled for diving 2 tank morning dives with Blue Angel on Jan 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th and 13th. We are more interested in a couple of 1 tank night dives and maybe a couple of afternoon dives. We have hired a private driver on the 10th to go to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam for a day of sightseeing.

Can't wait to put away the Christmas tree and get out our dive gear.

My wife and I are also signed up for some of the morning dives and will definitely be up for afternoon/night dives too. We're there from 1-9 till 1-16

Harry & Kim
aka BigHarryDiver

Judi and I are heading for the airport in about 33 hours...

I traveled LAX-ATL today; the TSA agent inspecting my carry-on that contains my reg and lights was very nice, took a few minutes, ran it through a second time, and I am now in Atlanta. It is below freezing here!

On Tuesday, I fly to Cancun, then to PDC for 3 days and a cenote dive. Then to Cozumel and 4 days with Blue XT Sea, staying at Casa Mexicana. Looking forward to all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom