Cozumel..Need Suggestions Please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it comes to this, it'll be like being on the Amazing Race! But, being stuck in PdC is certainly preferable to being stuck anywhere in the states. I would assume some hotel will have a vacancy.

If you have time, maybe having a few PDC hotels in mind would help with plan C/D/E. PDC hotel map

Playa del Carmen, Mexico map with hotel locations

The ferry is the white line near the top of Box E.

The ADO bus station is at the northwest corner of Ave 5 and Juarez.

If you know all this already, ignore my rambling.

As for the Amazing Race, would you have gotten all the currency named totem poles at the end Sunday? I would not.

You are allowed a roll-on within dimensions listed on their site, and a personal bag both. My most valuable or breakable things go in that personal backpack that never leaves my body other than at security screening - and then goes thru only as the instant that I do. Anything in my pockets rides thru X-ray in that bag.

You are allowed a roll-on within dimensions listed on their site, and a personal bag both.

Rolling bags are a bit of a trouble at my airport because no airplane is big enough to carry them on- everything has to be gate checked, and waiting for them to unload gate check can add 5-20 minutes to a connection depending on how on the ball they are; and there is always the worry your bag will walk away with someone else. We try not to take them if we can get by without them.

---------- Post added December 10th, 2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

As for the Amazing Race, would you have gotten all the currency named totem poles at the end Sunday? I would not.

Well, maybe if I had been to the countries like the racers have. I don't think I'd ever make it to the last leg of the amazing race though- I'm weak.

Rolling bags are a bit of a trouble at my airport because no airplane is big enough to carry them on- everything has to be gate checked, and waiting for them to unload gate check can add 5-20 minutes to a connection depending on how on the ball they are; and there is always the worry your bag will walk away with someone else. We try not to take them if we can get by without them.
Here too, but the airlines are responsible for gate checked bags you know? I do tie colorful ribbons to the handles so it won't look like all the others, and yeah - it can add time. I'll still take as much as possible that way over checked as they are more likely to arrive than checked. But then I push weight limits on checked bags too even after stashing as much as possible in roll-on. I take lots of stuff.

Here too, but the airlines are responsible for gate checked bags you know?

Yeah, I just don't trust it though- because half the time they don't even give you the little claim tag.

We have 12 pounds of space left between our two checked bags. And except our fins/wetsuits in one bag- everything is split such that we'd be pretty good to go if only one bag arrived. 22 hours to Cozumel! (I hope.)

Its all good. We are waiting on you. Santa Rosa Wall and San Fran Wall today. Saw the largest lionfish EVERY under water on San Fran. Lil SOB was in a cave with coral blocking the entrance. Needed like a 9 foot spear to get to him and the SOB knew it. Had a smaller but still good sized friend with him.

Seem like a LOT of large grouper around today as well as large splendid toads too.

Had the mixtos tacos at Otates today. I am nearly Mexican....

Yeah, I just don't trust it though- because half the time they don't even give you the little claim tag.

We have 12 pounds of space left between our two checked bags. And except our fins/wetsuits in one bag- everything is split such that we'd be pretty good to go if only one bag arrived. 22 hours to Cozumel! (I hope.)
I think the roll-ons are safer than the checked and will take as much as possible that way. I once saw a Delta plane in Roatan, the whole plane load of people still in luggage waiting - blocking things up, because they could not get the luggage door open. They were on the verge of sending it back with new people, but needed bags still locked in, new bags left behind - but finally got it open.

You don't take half as much as I do tho.

You don't take half as much as I do tho.

I have a mask, a swimsuit, a toothbrush, and my knitting in my carry-on. I should be good for the week. And since I'll be wearing jeans, the AI will let me in the fancy "must wear pants" restaurants.

Cvchief- you're making me jealous. 2 more days till diving. You ready to spend some time on the shallows- LOL. I'm just excited visibility will be good enough I can look back and see my own fins!

I have a mask, a swimsuit, a toothbrush, and my knitting in my carry-on. I should be good for the week. And since I'll be wearing jeans, the AI will let me in the fancy "must wear pants" restaurants.
The needles are now allowed, but weren't for a while. Some cutters are not. The TSA Blog: TSA Travel Tips Tuesday ? Knitting Needles and Needlepoint

I remember traveling back from Honduras on 9-16&17-01 when US skies were reopened to international flights (took two days by way for El Salvador), nail clippers didn't make it. At least we could wear shoes in x-ray and bring a bottle home back then still.

You don't take a land camera? You trust the airline with your reg?! Dive computer? Since you only have one carry-on each, each of you should carry copies of all documents for the other and a spare passport pic.

The needles are now allowed, but weren't for a while. Some cutters are not. The TSA Blog: TSA Travel Tips Tuesday ? Knitting Needles and Needlepoint

I remember traveling back from Honduras on 9-16&17-01 when US skies were reopened to international flights (took two days by way for El Salvador), nail clippers didn't make it. At least we could wear shoes in x-ray and bring a bottle home back then still.

You don't take a land camera? You trust the airline with your reg?! Dive computer? Since you only have one carry-on each, each of you should carry copies of all documents for the other and a spare passport pic.

Knitting needles have been allowed for ages. I've been knitting since 2003 and never been not allowed to have them (I've also carried on ice skates... they have really weird reasoning for what they do and don't allow...) I've read I can't bring them with me OUT of Mexico though, so I'll have to check them then.
Okay, computer is in my carry on too- I forgot to name it; it's actually in the box with the mask. But we don't have regs, they'll show up for me when the boat shows up :)

Husband's carry on is multiple cameras, lenses, a kindle, and a DS. We have passport copies AND my parents have copies of them too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom