Cozumel..Need Suggestions Please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I have Skittl's flights correct, they departed about 30 minutes late and the plane to Cozumel is about 30 minutes late. So around a two hour layover. Plenty of time for breakfast, coffee, grab a sandwich and relax.

They will be in a warm place soon enough.

They lied about the departure, it was an hour late, that must have been when we pushed back. But we are settled at the gate in Atlanta!

drive to the airport was a little dicy but we left at 4 am so we got there at 5 as planned (it's usually less than 20 minutes)

Knitting needles have been allowed for ages. I've been knitting since 2003 and never been not allowed to have them (I've also carried on ice skates... they have really weird reasoning for what they do and don't allow...) I've read I can't bring them with me OUT of Mexico though, so I'll have to check them then.
Make them easily accessible in your checked bag. When you reclaim your bags in ATL, you can take out the knitting stuff for your carry-on on the flight back to Iowa, hopefully enough time for you to knit a warm scarf for the snowy homecoming.

They lied about the departure, it was an hour late, that must have been when we pushed back. But we are settled at the gate in Atlanta!

drive to the airport was a little dicy but we left at 4 am so we got there at 5 as planned (it's usually less than 20 minutes)

That is probably what counts as "departure." Pushback as opposed to liftoff.

Regardless. You are probably smiling and relaxed now. No need to worry about making a 1000 PM ferry from PDC.

Is the flight to Cozumel delayed about 30 minutes?

They haven't told us it is delayed yet, but sometimes they don't like to admit it.

It shows you are boarding right now. Hope that's the case and you make it to Cancun smoothly.

It shows you are boarding right now. Hope that's the case and you make it to Cancun smoothly.

Looks like flightstats.com had wrong info or I do not understand what is listed.

Delta.com is probably correct.

They are flying into Cozumel.

Looks like flightstats.com had wrong info or I do not understand what is listed.

Delta.com is probably correct.

They are flying into Cozumel.

Got ya. I did not read complete thread. I just saw the part of flying late into Cancun and trying to catch the last ferry over. I see they board at 11am and it is on time.

I wonder what happened to all the folks with cancelled flights to Cancun/Cozumel from Cozumel last weekend. It looks like things were very bad for three or more days.

At some point, I suspect that many people just cancelled the trip or rescheduled.

Skittl's flight is airborne!!!!

I just check aa.com and found this about the DFW ice stirm:

If you are traveling to, through or from:

• Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas (DFW)
On the following dates: December 7 - 9, 2013
And your ticket was issued no later than: December 9, 2013
You may travel: December 7 - 11, 2013
Original inventory required? Yes
The ticket reissue charge will be waived for one ticket change.

Source: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/travelAlerts.jsp#!travelPolicy

Does that mean that their only option is to change to travel date up to 11 Dec 2013? That would be bad if your 7 Dec flight was cancelled and you did not get onto a flight until 10 or 11 Dec. Most of your trip would be lost. I would expect a free change to any time in perhaps the next year.

Does that mean that their only option is to change to travel date up to 11 Dec 2013? That would be bad if your 7 Dec flight was cancelled and you did not get onto a flight until 10 or 11 Dec. Most of your trip would be lost. I would expect a free change to any time in perhaps the next year.
Yep, that is odd. The other airports listed are similar. Looks like a mistake, but why hasn't anyone caught it and changed it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom