Cozumel Rash/Little Bumps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from Cozumel Tuesday, and noticed 3 little bumps on the side of my hand. They had little heads on them and were itchy. The itching has subsided and they are fading. I didn't touch anything either, other than drift lines, etc. So I'm inclined to think it was that or something free-floating in the water.

No biggie....the only thing that sticks out on me are my hands and my face as I wear a 3mm suit with a 3mm hood.

Has anyone ever used the medical gloves? Sounds like a good way to use our surplus...
- after the flu scare...:panicbutton:

Gloves are prohibited in Coz, as they are most locations.

Lori, if it was something in the water, you'd have it on both hands and face, don't you think? We try like hell to not brush anything, but it happens. :eek:

Hey Dandy Don,

Forgive me for venturing off the subject slightly, but why don't you just put your location down as "BFE". I can say that since I'm a native Texan and I've been between Lubbock and Amarillo!! There ain't nothin'.

:)

I just got back from Cozumel Tuesday, and noticed 3 little bumps on the side of my hand. They had little heads on them and were itchy. The itching has subsided and they are fading. I didn't touch anything either, other than drift lines, etc. So I'm inclined to think it was that or something free-floating in the water.

No biggie....the only thing that sticks out on me are my hands and my face as I wear a 3mm suit with a 3mm hood.

I had a rash on my hand in Cozumel back a few months ago and put it down to sea lice (as it has been a minor abeit irritating part of the adventure in many places I'd dived in).

Like you said, no biggie, it went away with time - and the cheap Corona can make most minor itches fade into insignificance.

what time of the year did you go?(mother's day to father's day)?
Was the rash intensely itchy
If so. similar thing happened to me in Cozumel also-the worst itch I ever hand-hands and at swimsuit lines
It was the larva of the thimble jellyfish or sea nettles or swimmers itch.
Took a month to go away and only vinegar worked.
The peeing on the sting is a substitute for vinegar
Hope that helps

Gloves are prohibited in Coz
Hey Dandydon I've been reading the no gloves thread in COz, sounds like of course in the park you should not:no:, but outside of the park area, ok.
:focus:
Thimble jellies....................sounds like you use vinegar on the itch first, let dry, then cortisone cream topically, and corona taken:coke: internally as needed.

Hey Dandydon I've been reading the no gloves thread in COz, sounds like of course in the park you should not:no:, but outside of the park area, ok.
:focus:
Thimble jellies....................sounds like you use vinegar on the itch first, let dry, then cortisone cream topically, and corona taken:coke: internally as needed.
Correct on the gloves - not allowed in the park or most other dive sites in the Caribbean and Central America. The theory is a diver wearing gloves is more likely to touch or grab coral. In other locations with mooring lines, one must be careful of barnacles growing on the lines.

A recent DAN article said to not use vinegar except in a very few cases, but that practice will probly live on anyway. Too long a tradition. For most stings, clean with credit card or razor blade, soak in hot water, apply hydrocortisone cream or ointment, take antihistamines.

See http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/di...-longer-included-my-dive-bag.html#post3554698

Never use urine. That is a nasty practice with no benefit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom