Crappy Dive Boat on Maui Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Maui Diamond II is operated by Maui Dreams dive shop. Maui Dreams has an excellent reputation as a shop and shore diving company. Personally, I think the OP needs to contact Maui Dreams and let them know what they experienced instead of simply posting a negative review here.

I see, so her complaint is about two of the staff members of Maui Dreams.

Now it's making more sense.

Floridagulfpalms, I understand your criticism. The group huddle was caused by pestering the critters, which you disagree with. I can understand that.

You obviously have some expectations of this shop that they didn't meet. Two staff members seemed arrogant to you, the dive guide harrassed an octopus and created a chaotic situation under water that could have been avoided and their choices of dive-sites didn't meet your expectations.

Fair enough.

Stilll... I'm having trouble understanding why you signed up to scubaboard specifically to complain about them. Did you tell them about this and/or ask for a refund for the "shore" dive location? Did you give them any chance at all to deal with your criticisms. I think you have some valid points but it sounds like you didn't say anything about it....

R..

We sent them an email explaining how unhappy we were. We had NO reply. And that simply indicates that, they either know how they operate; or just don't care.

Sorry to to be such a negative Nelly but, everyone can have a good experience with a dive company, or a bad one; like in our case. We did do 2 charters after our experience with them. I will not mention the company. But, it was all we are used to, and expect from a professional company that has integrity.

Eh, I don't particularly have a problem with joining SB to complain about an charter experience as long as the Original poster is prepared to explain. I'm not going to vote on the jury here, but bad experiences do happen and thrashing the provider on the net may be the only possible recourse at times. Of course, the Operator is welcome to come onboard here to tell his side as well.

Looks like you also posted this on Xray-mag.com. How did that go over there?

I signed for SB after talking to our friends that told us about it. They said if you do not get any response from the dive operator that most of them are on here. And maybe? they will be able to see our concerns. And I thought that maybe they would, and repley. But all I seem to get is people defending a company that most have never delt with. I am not normally a complainer but, I thought this was justifiable.

As for making my points clear; I think I have. I thought this was a forum to let people know the good and the bad. Maybe I have been mistaken for joining here. I almost feel that this group is made of Maui dive operations under anonymous names badgering those of us who ACTUALLY have concerns and would like the people to know. In other words. Why is ones persons thread critisised so in depth? HMMM makes me wonder? And I bet many more!!! Wonder

I never posted anywhere esle mister. I will not even go to that link you provided. Is that your way of sending people to you web making per-link page?

I apologize if you felt like I was attacking you. I just wanted to give you a heads up because I had a feeling where this thread would go. I detest handling of wildlife in any form and would be very upset myself.

I never posted anywhere esle mister. I will not even go to that link you provided. Is that your way of sending people to you web making per-link page?
Oh Ok, thanks. Maybe they reposted your story there? That happens too. Google says it's there altho I am not able to search & find it there; maybe one has to register?
You are one bored person with NO life. Or paid to defend these operators that SUCK
Me? Whatever. :dramaqueen: The rules (TOS) here do not allow personal insults but I am sorry you feel that way. I thot that I had defended your position. I have complained on Operators here a couple of times myself as we do indeed discuss experiences here, and one of those times I got blasted by a number of customers and drinking buddies of the Operator, then the Operator himself - but we also discuss what people say here too.

Hey, stick around. It's a good board overall. :thumb:

Thank you Thank you VERY MUCH! Just felt this had to be addressed.

Give me some time, now that I am a member and I will surely be able to give some antidotes on some good experiences.

Sorry that it had to start off as negative!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom