Crazy - 1080p cam + 180' housing for $270?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I haven't tried fixing a filter to it... might be interesting if I could figure out a way to attach one. =)

I got my GoPro Hd 2 weeks ago. I also got the Eye of Mine housing for it and did see a difference in the video underwater. I am very pleased with it so far. For the price you cant beat it. But now my computer needs to be upgraded to edit the HD video. I have converted it to a mpg file and edited it that way but still is jumpy and the auido is off due to the old computer. Here is a photo I took tonight. I have it mounted on my scooter and took video and photos. Worked very well in our very murky quary water too!
34195_1494234966680_1558256941_1204875_4826041_n.jpg

After just posting a question about the GO Pro, I saw this one....oops. Anyway, I took a friends Go Pro Cam and recorded some really kick a** vids with it. I dove with it in Jupiter FL on the Logger Head reef which is 94 ft and took it to the Blue Heron bridge in West Palm beach and got some amazing video. The housing never leaked and we got great topside and dive vidz. It takes pretty good still shots, and the microphone picks up really good. I was sold on it, and just ordered one this week. I got the Go Pro Naked with the head mount, which is what my buddy has. Can't wait to get it.

I'm interested to read reports on this. Friends' experiences haven't been that good.

For mounting a screen on the back of your housing, I have seen one on "INSTRUCTABLES" (Sorry, dont have link).
Gtg,
Cheers, Noel

I have taken my GoPro with me for 2 dives.

First dive was max dept 40 ft and temp 53 f.
Water was a bit murky but recording look ok for the standard casing.

Second dive was max 105 ft and temp also 53 f.
Was early morning and sun very low on horizon.
Viz not that great.
The drop was recorded fine but 1 - 2 minutes at the bottom video started to flare red and secondary LED torches beam was reflected red on wreck.
When ascending the red flare "flashes" stopped at 60 ft or so and recorded fine again then.

Will maybe get in water today and try a red filter or "spot exposure" setting out.

My thought is that the cold water is causing the electronics to start acting up.

I have taken my GoPro with me for 2 dives.

First dive was max dept 40 ft and temp 53 f.
Water was a bit murky but recording look ok for the standard casing.

Second dive was max 105 ft and temp also 53 f.
Was early morning and sun very low on horizon.
Viz not that great.
The drop was recorded fine but 1 - 2 minutes at the bottom video started to flare red and secondary LED torches beam was reflected red on wreck.
When ascending the red flare "flashes" stopped at 60 ft or so and recorded fine again then.

Will maybe get in water today and try a red filter or "spot exposure" setting out.

My thought is that the cold water is causing the electronics to start acting up.

Back
Top Bottom