Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally going back into time would require reversing the positions of ALL matter to a previous state. The previous state, being in relation to everything else at the same given time. Everything - everything at that point in time. In order to reverse evolution and thought, all things, thought, mutations, including all matter is tied, from beginning to end, to a given set path, thus reversable - predictable and not dynamic. If predictable, we should, not only be able to go backwards into time, but also be able to see the outcome, see the future. If dynamic, then simply moving a planet back into a past orbit or position, would only effect the relationship to other planets around it, not put us molecule by molecule, back into a past time ... therefore impossible.

-----

Mike.

Uncle Pug:
At any rate.... I certainly don't expect those with a vested interest in perpetuating a no-god belief system to be convinced by anything. Even if someone rose from the dead they wouldn't believe.

Just like those that are overwhelmed with factual evidence that evolution occurred and that the universe is 14 billion years old still won't accept it because a 2000 year old document written by unknown authors says so?

Midnight Star:
Literally going back into time would require reversing the positions of ALL matter to a previous state. The previous state, being in relation to everything else at the same given time. Everything - everything at that point in time. In order to reverse evolution and thought, all things, thought, mutations, including all matter is tied, from beginning to end, to a given set path, thus reversable - predictable and not dynamic. If predictable, we should, not only be able to go backwards into time, but also be able to see the outcome, see the future. If dynamic, then simply moving a planet back into a past orbit or position, would only effect the relationship to other planets around it, not put us molecule by molecule, back into a past time ... therefore impossible.

If you say so....

Do I need to remind you again that it can't happen anyhow? I'll worry about the philosophical implications of time travel when someone builds a Flux Capacitor.

I was saying that your conclusions do not follow, but I don't really feel like getting into a Star Trek style temporal paradox argument. You have this tendency to just go off on random tangents that are unrelated to the topic at hand which makes it difficult to have a discussion.
I wasn't going Star Trek temporal either ... just discussing possibilities: taking the scientific "facts" as I understand them, and applying them to a larger picture. It seems that the "nature" of this thread has caused two camps to form, and because of that "formation", simple discussions (remotely related at times), unless they qualify in either camp, are "met" rather oddly.

But all that being said, perhaps in a way, your right, I should take my ideas and discussions about the universe elsewhere, since I don't fit "neatly" into either camp.

-----

Mike.

Do I need to remind you again that it can't happen anyhow?
We agree. :) But do you think that sometimes, science declares complete understanding, because they prove little points here and there, then extrapolate the whole and say "theory" because one or two points are proven? Sometimes, by disproving a possiblity, that does relate to a known scientific theory (as extrapolated), other possibilities begin to emerge. That's all I was really trying to point out.

-----

Mike.

Uncle Pug:
At any rate.... I certainly don't expect those with a vested interest in perpetuating a no-god belief system to be convinced by anything. Even if someone rose from the dead they wouldn't believe.

I'm not really vested in anything, per se, but, just for the record, were someone to actually rise from the dead, that'd be enough to get me to sign on with your team. Let me know when it's happened.

Only speaking for myself, mind you.

OHGoDive:
that'd be enough to get me to sign on with your team. Let me know when it's happened.
Actually, I don't have a team. I'm with the formerly dead person, Jesus. :D

I've seen enough evidence to be convinced that He actually lived, died and rose again.

Only speaking for myself, mind you.

Soggy:
Just like those that are overwhelmed with factual evidence that evolution occurred and that the universe is 14 billion years old still won't accept it because a 2000 year old document written by unknown authors says so?

Unknown authors? Hardly.

Hank49:
But if you were to orbit Earth at that speed, how would it be anything more than a really fast ride?

you couldn't orbit the earth at the speed of light ... the speed of light far exceeds orbital escape velocity

you'd be flung off into the depths of space long before you even reached 1/100th the speed of light

and yes, the faster you go, the slower time passes for you, and the faster time passes for those moving slower than you

time, my friend, is relative ... neat concept, no? this has been known since the 1930's. i am surprised you haven't heard of it yet

:eyebrow:

Uncle Pug:
I've seen enough evidence to be convinced that He actually lived, died and rose again.

can you give me a list of your top five items of evidence that Jesus lived, died, and rose again?

Uncle Pug:
Your assumption that the star was standing over a building probably comes from seeing a nativity scene somewhere as a child.

no, sir... it comes from the Bible. i even quoted you the verse.

did you read that?

nah, why bother with the actual text...

:shakehead

Uncle Pug:
At any rate.... I certainly don't expect those with a vested interest in perpetuating a no-god belief system to be convinced by anything.

pot calling the kettle black...

i certainly don't expect those with a vested interest in perpetuating a God system to be convinced by facts.

i, unlike you, am quite willing to be convinced by facts

fact: the Bible says the star stopped over where the child lay --

Matthew 2:9 -- "...and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was."

(i am surprised that you, a Pastor, doesn't know that verse. it's read every Christmas, for Chrissakes)

fact: that is impossible. it's never happened, it will never happen

fact: of all the Gospels, Matthew is the only one who mentions the star

fact: no other early Christian source (not a single one) mentions the star

fact: your article doesn't even try to address this issue

fact: the author of your article is a lawyer with no formal training in Divinity, Astronomy, History, Historical Astronomy, or any other remotely related discipline

those are facts

this is an opinion: your article is feel-good pesudo astronomy written by an amateur and is a bunch of claptrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom