Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
patymeboy:
the demigogery of atheism

the what?

(hint: try "demagoguery")

And so the old adage is perhaps true. Never discuss religion and politics.

hey, good thing your post didn't discuss neither...

:eyebrow:

i think the real problem comes when people (regardless of their position) feel themselves superior to others and show their contempt. it is an arrogant attitude that kills any possibility of dialogue.

real dialogue involves people willing to respect each other even if their positions are different.

H2Andy:
the what?

(hint: try "demagoguery")

hey, good thing your post didn't discuss neither...

i think the real problem comes when people (regardless of their position) feel themselves superior to others and show their contempt. it is an arrogant attitude that kills any possibility of dialogue.

real dialogue involves people willing to respect each other even if their positions are different.

It should read "hey, its a good thing that your post didn't discuss either..."

I don't know which is worse, your poor gramar or my poor spelling.
Certainly people will never communicate with each other when they tend to diss one anothers imperfections of form. Such pettyness precludes any intelligent discourse as it places form above substance. Such a mindset is like the step sister Cinderella trying desperatly to force her flaby argument into a vestment that it was never suited for, the semblence of thought. Clearly in any real discussion one party will be better than the other. One will teach and the other will learn, just as on every aircraft one wing is slightly more perfectly formed than the other. When a plain stalls and falls from the sky it always falls first from the less perfect wing and spins downward.
Discourse is like that. It usualy breaks down first on the side of more ignorant party.

patymeboy:
It should read "hey, its a good thing that your post didn't discuss either..."

Certainly people will never communicate with each other when they tend to diss one anothers imperfections of form. Such pettyness precludes any intelligent discourse as it places form above substance. Such a mindset is like the step sister Cinderella trying desperatly to force her flaby argument into a vestment that it was never suited for, the semblence of thought. Clearly in any real discussion one party will be better than the other. One will teach and the other will learn, just as on every aircraft one wing is slightly more perfectly formed than the other. When a plain stalls and falls from the sky it always falls first from the less perfect wing and spins downward.
Discourse is like that. It usualy breaks down first on the side of more ignorant party.

lmao...omg...too hilarious.

Dear sir, would you kindly add an apostrophe to "its" so that the previous post reads "it's", or change "its" to "it is".

In reading your post, I was quite inspired and entertained by the big words and fluidness in the rythmic nature of your paragraph. However, I must admit that I have no clue as to the point of your effort. Either I am a blithering idiot, or you may have obliviated the succesful communication of your message by not focusing on a more concise presentation.

Now, would you please pass the Gray Poupon?

In other words, will you please speak layman's english and get to the bloody point :D

whoa.....andy used a sarcastic double negative for an obvious intentional and appropriate pun. Coool

Puff puff pass.....................

:coffee: Passing AXL some Gray Poupon while sipping coffe and reading my New York Times.

AXL72:
In other words, will you please speak layman's english and get to the bloody point :D

Always remember to eschew obfuscation.

"When a plain stalls and falls

from the sky...it falls first from

the less perfect wing"

An alliterative Haiku, of sorts.

When a complex, instead of a 'plain', first falls freely from the firmament it falls generally throughout Ireland, and also upon the grave of Michael Fury. Michael gnashes his skeletal teeth to hear his beloved old grammar dissed.

There is much more that torments this adolescent Hibernian shade. How, he wonders, can something be "slightly more" perfect? The stern brothers of Loyola would have had a cow had they heard such arrant misuse of language and logic. Something about the wing business troubles Michael. He envisions an aircraft's two wings; one nearly perfect, the other less so. Within his corrupted skull he imagines a flying pig colliding with the less imperfect wing. He sees, but cannot inform his spectral vision with substance.

"Oh, would that my grave had an internet connection".

patymeboy:

oh i know, i know!

your poor spelling, of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom