"Creepy" Halloween Nav Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMom1

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, it's too late to pull this off this year
? How much fun would it be to set up an underwater navigation/night or low viz class for Halloween? :shocked2:

Think about it.. when you set up the course you place thingks like articulated skeletons, skulls/bones, costumed ghoul dummies, those tombstones, etc. :confused:

I just think this would be a blast!!!! Have each buddy team photograph each site.. How about a search and recovery of a skeleton? Boy, this could be really fun at BW in Monterey.. and the peeps on the beach get a "scare" too when it is brought out into the waiting body bag! LOL:popcorn:

Yeah, I'm sick but this sounds like more fun than just underwater pumpkin carving!!:rofl3:

It would't even need to be a class. Just setting up a Halloween night dive with skeletons and related stuff on a wreck or something would be beyond awesome.I wanna do it...
:coffee:

This would be a lot of fun. As a former Cal Aggie...I used to dive in Putah Creek and the depth was shallow and the viz. poor enough to make it interesting in multiple ways. I could imagine placing some real bones from the vet. school in the water to make it realistic. You could always collect some crawfish to make a nice after-dive snack?

X

We have a LDS that is doing a "pumpkin Carving" event this weekend.. a couple of weeks ago they did OW certifcation for the first group of "Teen Explorers" out od Travis AFB..

can you imagine setting ths up as a "haunted halloween" dive for teens? I want to be one of the ghouls that ops out of the kelp at them! LMAO

This would be a lot of fun. As a former Cal Aggie...I used to dive in Putah Creek and the depth was shallow and the viz. poor enough to make it interesting in multiple ways. I could imagine placing some real bones from the vet. school in the water to make it realistic. You could always collect some crawfish to make a nice after-dive snack?

X

Hey Aggie!
I know much of the staff of the large animal clinic there at Davis... that would be a blast! I also know a cattle farmer in Winters that would donate a skeleton or two! He always has a few "fermenting" on the back 40! lol

Where on earth [in Putah Creek] did you dive?

Hey Aggie!
I know much of the staff of the large animal clinic there at Davis... that would be a blast! I also know a cattle farmer in Winters that would donate a skeleton or two! He always has a few "fermenting" on the back 40! lol

Where on earth [in Putah Creek] did you dive?

A real skeleton or two!!! :D That would be totally cool and even more creepy!

Years ago (and really I mean years ago) we dove Putah creek with the UC Davis research diver class at various locations on the road from Davis to Beryessa. The gates to the dam were partially open allowing for some flow and minimal viz. The crawfish were super abundant and really tasty. They were not the red ones, but the pale blue guys with wide claws.

The Putah Creek on campus is just icky to even imagine without a hazmat suit! :shakehead:

Best with your scary endeavor. Sounds like so much fun.

Cheers,

X - former cow Aggie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom