Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there. I found this thread searching for a solution to my problem. I followed the procedure outlined by @mb.cressi and I’m hopeful I can get these computers working again! I will let you all know how it goes.

Hi there. I found this thread searching for a solution to my problem. I followed the procedure outlined by @mb.cressi and I’m hopeful I can get these computers working again! I will let you all know how it goes
If only I had changed out the battery sooner, but it never occurred to me that changing out a battery would zero out a product. We fly out tomorrow and looks like we'll be buying a (very much non-Cressi) dive computer.

Hi guys, adding my experience here because it may help others with the same issue. Had exactly the same problem reported, changed the battery and the display no longer worked, it only beeped. Ended up sending it to Cressi and apparently they managed to get it working again, so it's not a death sentence. May be worth a shot if you don't want to spend money on a new computer.
Did Cressi charge you? If so, was it worth it? I don't want to have this issue every time I have to change a dang battery! Thanks for the information.

Did Cressi charge you? If so, was it worth it? I don't want to have this issue every time I have to change a dang battery! Thanks for the information.

It doesn't happen every time. It has never happened to me in 8 years (x 2 Leos) but I change the batteries when there's still at least a couple of bars left on the indicator. (I have a suspicion the problem's more likely to happen if you let the battery run really dry.)

Just wanted to update my experience. Cressi reached out to me and provided me with a return code and shipping instructions for both my Leonardo computers that had dead screens. A few weeks later, I got both returned with new batteries and working like new! I just had to pay shipping one way, which was well worth it. Thanks Cressi!

Hello,
No, Cressi does not charge anything for fixing the blank screen. If there is a major issue and the warranty is expired, you will be contacted before doing anything.

Regards,

Michael B.
Cressi

Just wanted to update my experience. Cressi reached out to me and provided me with a return code and shipping instructions for both my Leonardo computers that had dead screens. A few weeks later, I got both returned with new batteries and working like new! I just had to pay shipping one way, which was well worth it. Thanks Cressi!
This is good to know! I’m having the same issue :/

Sent my Leonardo back to Cressi per the reps instructions and received it back in working order in 10 days from the time I dropped it off at the post office. Cressi rep says the fix is permanent, time will tell. I had no issues with performance prior to changing the battery.

Cressi took care of mine also. So glad I searched and found this forum or I would have probably tossed it.

Have had no issues since service. I like the larger display and find it perfectly suitable for rec diving.

Back
Top Bottom