Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, we can complete a firmware fix on Cressi Leonardo and Giotto computers. The common issue is that the battery is replaced and the computer has a blank screen but you can hear it turn on/off. Please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you!
Please note this is for computers in the UK only.
Emma, Cressi UK.

Upping that message, I have the exact same issue.

1 year without diving, worked fine on the last dive, tried to turn it on but nothing happened so I assumed it was the battery
Got a new battery, same voltage as the previous one, put it in - now the computer bips when I push buttons but nothing on the display (and no backlighting).
My Giotto is also 3 year old.

I tried contacting Cressi but it's already out of warranty so not expecting much. Anything else I could do ? (except not buying Cressi sh*t ever again and making sure I tell everyone I meet in a dive shop/on a boat :D)
Hi, we are able to fix this computer for you. Please get in touch via the Cressi USA website.
Thanks
Emma, Cressi.

I spoke to a cressi service center today who informed me the reason is I am using a duracell battery instead of varta battery. Apparently there is a difference in milliamp power.i have ordered a varta battery so watch this space
Hi, we can complete a firmware fix on Cressi Leonardo and Giotto computers. The common issue is that the battery is replaced and the computer has a blank screen but you can hear it turn on/off. Please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you!
Emma, Cressi UK.

Thanks, have done that the voltage same and same type of battery so think its the watch is faulty, was working fine last time I dived but that was over a year ago
i, we can complete a firmware fix on Cressi Leonardo and Giotto computers. The common issue is that the battery is replaced and the computer has a blank screen but you can hear it turn on/off. Please get in touch with us so we can fix this for you!
Emma, Cressi UK.

Just got my 3 year old Cressi Leonardo dive watch out and it had a flat battery,
Replaced it but now has no display, it beeps and the backlight works,
Please can anyone help on got any advice what to do.
Regards Glenn
Emma, Cressi UK.

Hi, we are able to fix this computer for you. Please get in touch via the Cressi USA website.
Thanks
Emma, Cressi.
How nice of you to care... 3 years later!!

That computer ended up in the trash can. I will never ever buy anything from Cressi. And I tell everybody I ever meet on dive boats and shops and on reddit to never buy Cressi.

Making a ****** product is one thing (a bad thing, that computer is a life supporting device, it should never fail). But your customer service ignoring my multiple emails, that's just unacceptable.

How nice of you to care... 3 years later!!

That computer ended up in the trash can. I will never ever buy anything from Cressi. And I tell everybody I ever meet on dive boats and shops and on reddit to never buy Cressi.

Making a ****** product is one thing (a bad thing, that computer is a life supporting device, it should never fail). But your customer service ignoring my multiple emails, that's just unacceptable.
Hi there
I'm based in the UK so don't get messages for USA. I was trying to help!!!

Ok i've got it. All you need is to fill support ticket on cressi webpage and then send it to Italy on your own. Then wait for return.

I have an 8 year old Cressi Leonardo. Some years ago, the battery got low, I replaced it, and it ended up pretty much frozen/useless. It would work for a few seconds after battery insertion, then die. Gradually, I noticed it stayed on a little longer and, after a couple of weeks, it stayed on long enough to let me get to the reset function in the menu. Fixed! It worked fine since. Until recently. I saw the battery indicator blinking, replaced the battery, and everything seemed fine. But near the end of my first dive with the new battery, I did a long press to try to get the backlight on, and it froze. Now, battery insertion gives a beep, a display for a few seconds, then it dies. No response to the button, so I can't even try to get through the menu to the reset function. This seems to be more of the same firmware issue reported in this thread. Yes, my device is well out of warranty, but if it's a known manufacturing defect, Cressi should offer free repair. I filled out a support ticket on the US Cressi site but have gotten no response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom