Cressi Leonardo PCLink issue will not download data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I'm going to fall into the same boat - discovered this thread after ordering the "Leonardo".
Did you try "Subsurface" as an alternative (free) software? The url is Subsurface | An open source divelog. It claims to support this computer.

I use both the original cressi application and subsurface on my Win8.1pro machine.. I'll try to recall exactly what I did to get it working, but just wanted to comment that it should be fine.

---------- Post added August 14th, 2014 at 10:47 PM ----------

Thinking more I believe an important step is when installing the main application disable "driver signature" to allow the drivers to correctly instal.

Subsurface doesn't install any drivers, but you may need drivers for your dive computer - and there the signatures (or lack thereof) can be an issue.
That said, the Subsurface installer isn't signed, either.
Figuring out how to do that is on my todo list. But since it isn't built under Windows this might be tricky (I cross build the Windows installer under Linux... Much nicer environment for developers...)

It doesn't completely work with Windows 7 either, at least not Pro in certain security modes. I was able to get the dives downloaded by changing the target directory.
I don't have Win7 Pro, but if it's analogous to Win XP Pro, then maybe it's worth to try the software in administrator account. E.g. both installation and use. Did you attempt it?

OK, I made it work - with Subsurface on a Win 8.1 32-bit tablet.
I installed the Cressi software with driver-signature-check disabled twice (see https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...dows-8/all.pdf) -
before and after the installation. It's important that when the interface is connected for the first time, the last boot occured with driver-signature-check disabled too. This is because the actual driver installation occures only when you plug the device in.
Note, that you need to have wired keyboard handy in order to disable driver-signature-check. It only sounds trivial; in my case the computer was a tablet.
I dived once with the Leonardo and downloaded the dive data using Subsurface. Sorry, I'm not interested to learn the proprietary Cressi front-end software that comes without manual.

Hope this helps,
Oleg.

I just received my interface today and got it working perfectly on Windows 8.

Just downloaded both Cressi PC Interface application and upgrade. It didn't seem to remember the name I gave to my Leonardo computer twice. Just right right-clicked Cressi PC Interface application icon shortcut on "Start Menu > All Programs > Cressi PC Interface" and went to "Properties > Compatibility" tab. In the "Compatibility mode" section, just check "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select "Windows 7" in the drop-down list. Also check "Run this program as an administrator" and click "Ok".

There you go!

Hey Guys,

Was just having the same problem on W7 trying to download my nephews first to DPC logs on the Leonardo. After setting up the folder under My Documents (running as admin), I also made sure that trusted identities (admin, trusted installer & my personal) had full authority. Not sure if the last part helped or not, but since I'm the only one on my pc, not a big deal. I then copied over the "database" folder from the original "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cressi PC Interface\database" to the "My Documents" folder: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Cressi\database\AnthonysDPC". (the AnthonysDPC name was created with the app. I only created the Cressi folder and copied the entire contents of the "database" folder.

This time, when I created the new name, it kept the data, the device name, and history.

Hope this helps.

ps. My nephew enjoyed using the Leonardo and the "One" button still allowed him to find dive information easily before I finished fidgeting with my Oceanic GEO2. Large readable and easy to identify numbers. We did not remember to test the light, as we were already using flashlights in the lake (very murky waters at 40').

Last edited:
I was able to get my Giotto interface loaded and working properly on Windows 8 without any issues and I did not have to disable "driver signature"; however I am having a challenge on my iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.

I got mine a couple of years ago and had it working in both cressi app and subsurface (which IMO is a better option) on 64-bit win 8 pro samsung ativ. I did have to contact Cressi tech support and it took them a few days to reply -- but reply they did, and with useful info as I recall.

Now the !@#$ing thing is lose 8.1 pro and is not connecting again. And I'm on Bonaire where I don't even have another mini-usb cable. I guess it'll have to wait until I get back home where there's proper computers...

Grrr...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom