Crotch Strap Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elysian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a 2" Dive Rite crotch strap, as shown in the picture, but I don't see how it connects to the BP. I think there is supposed to be a keeper that the webbing slides through after it has been run through the slot on the BP, but there isn't one. I don't see a keeper in the picture either. So, how does this thing attach to the BP?

Attachments

• drcs.jpg
    drcs.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 30
The 'free' end should slide through a slot at the central base of the backplate. It doubles back on itself and is secured by the keeper that holds the rear d-ring.

backplate-front.jpg

waistbelt.jpg

The 'looped' end is secured at the front, by sliding the waist harness/buckle through it and then securing the buckle as normal.

sm_crotchlength.jpg

HERE is a good link for setting up your backplate (inc crotch strap)

The keeper is the same tri-glide holding the D-ring. It's dual purposes.

In your picture, it's the one at the bottom. That access material is used to loop through the slot in the BP.

Got it... thanks! I don't think I would have been able to sleep tonight if I didn't get that thing attached before I went to bed.

Got it... thanks! I don't think I would have been able to sleep tonight if I didn't get that thing attached before I went to bed.

I'm not sure I want to know WHY you can't sleep without your crotch strap attached!

:shocked2:

Scared of falling out the wing during the night?

I know BP/W are great.... but you shouldn't sleep in them :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom