Cssp 4/21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never been to Lake Murray; given a little advance notice I would love to check out a new watering hole. Someone speak up next time you're going please.

Where is it? What are the facilities like? Are there facilities? Air fills? Conditions?

OK, I made a late night run out to CSSP last night to visit with some friends who were camping. Water temp was 70 on the surface, 65 at the platform. Vis 10-12 feet. You guys will have some good diving today! Wish I could go but promised my son and his wife we'd visit the Tyler zoo and check out the white tiger cubs. Yeah, I know... I'm a dork! But I'm a happy dork!

I love reading your posts Twinklez, you make me proud as a woman! :marvel: You seem very grounded and sure of yourself. For what it's worth I don't think you are dork, I think you are wonderful! I love the zoo and I should go more often. :monkey:

Debraw:
For what it's worth I don't think you are dork, I think you are wonderful!

Trust me, she's a dork. We love her, and she is a happy dork, but a dork nonetheless :D Always after my long hose................. :14:

As always, I haven 't had a bad dive yet! I will say this though, I had this great idea to try diving without my hood on the second dive. Let's just say that after what seemed like an excruciatingly long 6 minute dive, I turned fin back to the dock and retrieved my hood. DUH!

Water temp was 59 at the surface, but below about 20', dropped to 55. No problem at all with my 7mm. Tom was in a 3mm with a farmer john and didn't have any trouble. He did say it was a bit chilly down deep, but above 20 it was very comfortable. By the way Tom, Thanks again for letting me try out your Zeagle Brigade. I'm trying to convince Rhonda that it really isn't all that much money....:shakehead I tried the Brigade after our last dive, and I'm defenitely going to make the switch from my ScubaPro Jacket BC to the back inflate Zeagle. Very comfy and stable.

Twinklez, We usually dive out of Marietta Landing at the south end of the lake. It's a bit of a hike to the water over some rocks, but there is a nice little beach/cove that is great to dive out of. You can also shore dive from the boat ramp if there isn't any boats putting in or taking out. One good thing is, Hot Showers! Camping is 10 or 12 bucks with electricity, I just can't remember exactly how much. I think it's a little more during the Spring/Summer/Fall, cheaper in the off months. No air fills that I know of, Timeliner or Texdiveguy may know more about that one. The lake is just south of Ardmore Ok, which is about 30 minutes north of the Texas line on 35.

JcChapman3, Illini Fan, and myself are planning on going up next weekend (4/28) and of course, anybody is welcome to join us!

JcChapman3 and Kunk35 -- just a little public "thank you" for letting me join you. It was a great way to spend a Sunday. As of right now, Sunday the 29th would probably be the best day for me. I have to be back in Plano by 5:30pm Saturday night and given the drive time to Lake Murray, that might not give us a full day, unless we start very early, which I'm not against.

If memory serves John is only available for the first part of Saturday, so some early Saturday dives and a mid-afternoon departure for me could work.

Debraw:
I love reading your posts Twinklez, you make me proud as a woman! :marvel: You seem very grounded and sure of yourself. For what it's worth I don't think you are dork, I think you are wonderful! I love the zoo and I should go more often. :monkey:
Thank you Debraw! Somebody loves me!

Ahhh but I have you fooled! I have this coffee cup; it's literally slanted and says "lovable but slightly off balance" on it. Describes me perfectly on most days. The trick is to hold my tongue until I know what I'm talking about...so even though there are many things I'm unsure of, I'm able to keep many of those things hidden. It's an art! Now a few weeks back when I was practicing bailouts for that darned DM cert.... well, let's just say I need a little work with that and my snorkel ditch/recovery.

Firefyter:
Trust me, she's a dork. We love her, and she is a happy dork, but a dork nonetheless :D Always after my long hose................. :14:

Yes, and if you deny me much longer I'll have to find a long hose of my own! :tongue2:

Kunk35:
Twinklez, We usually dive out of Marietta Landing at the south end of the lake. It's a bit of a hike to the water over some rocks, but there is a nice little beach/cove that is great to dive out of. You can also shore dive from the boat ramp if there isn't any boats putting in or taking out. One good thing is, Hot Showers! Camping is 10 or 12 bucks with electricity, I just can't remember exactly how much. I think it's a little more during the Spring/Summer/Fall, cheaper in the off months. No air fills that I know of, Timeliner or Texdiveguy may know more about that one. The lake is just south of Ardmore Ok, which is about 30 minutes north of the Texas line on 35.

JcChapman3, Illini Fan, and myself are planning on going up next weekend (4/28) and of course, anybody is welcome to join us!
Ahhh...4/28 is the day of our company crawfish boil, so diving is a no-go for me. Sounds like a place I need to explore though so I'll watch for upcoming trips that I can fit into the schedule. I usually sleep in the bed of my truck when I camp; would their camping facilities accommodate that?

Twinklez ... I love ya but... you know what they say ...

Love is Blind...
We fall in love with what we bump into.

We'll steel Thomas's long black hose then
Lets us go do some low Vis. Divin' OK ? !!! :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom