Curacao dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Curacao on Friday. Spent 9 days there.

We stayed at Habitat and loved it.

They have a little kitchenette (mini fridge, 2 burner stove, coffee maker, toaster, pots, pand, dishes etc.) in each room.

We rented a truck and did a lot of shore diving, as well as some boat dives with Easy Diver at Habitat. We had no problems with theft from the truck. We always had several tanks with us, and unless we were in the water our dive gear was in the back of the truck. It was a double cab truck, and we had our camera equipment in the back seat.

Our cameras went in the water with us, but we always left stuff (dry cloths, sun glasses, a cooler full of cold water & beer, and snacks) in the truck. We never once had a problem.

For diving we did:
  • Saint Marie/Rif (Habitat House Reef)
  • The Valley (shore dive from Port Marie park)
  • El Rancho (boat dive)
  • Long Beach (boat dive)
  • Pelikan Beach (boat dive but swimmable from Port Marie)
  • The house reef at Sunset Waters (shore dive)
  • Alice in Wonderland (shore dive Sunset Waters House Reef)
I would highly recommend the following shore dive sites:
  • Habitat House Reef (probably the best house reef on the island),
  • The Valley at Port Marie park. This is a double reef system and is nice in both directions.
  • Alice in Wonderland. This is a great dive but it is definately better to go to the right when you enter.
PM me if you have any specific questions.

I just realized I uploaded thumbs only in my post of the Saba tug and the puffer fish. Here are the original size photos you can see better.
Also if you are interested I have about 65 photos from Curacao in my gallery. I'm not claiming they are good photos but they will give you an idea of the diversity of the fish life you'll see. Here is a link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/77272/cat/2498

0537copy_puffer_fish.JPG

0539copy_puffer_fish_c.JPG

Dove with Sunset Divers at the Sunset Waters Resort in April. Liked almost all the dives, except two to the south. The house reef is really nice. Mushroom Forest was good, but we liked Radio City better (our favorite) because it had a mix of the Mushroom Forest flavor plus more variety. Heard a lot of good things about Watumula, but never got there. Have fun. We did.

I haven't visited ABC threads for a while! I do keep in touch with the gang at work a bit and e-mailed Suzy and Mark once or twice....

WEST... Kenepa, Alice in Wonderland, Groot Knip and Klien Knip
CENTRAL... Habitat, Porta Mari, Car Wrecks, Varsenbaii (police beach), Blue Bay (wall)
EAST... Sea Aquaruim, Cornelias Baii, Tug Boat and Directors

Our Cozumel fix in June is wearing off....:crafty:

Have a fun vacation!

~tony

tarheeldiver:
My wife and I are going to Curacao in 2 weeks and I was wanting to know what are some of the must do sites. We are staying on the west end at Kura Hulanda Lodge.
thanks for any reccomendations
greg
My wife and I just got back late last night. Had a wonderful 2 weeks diving with the gang at The Dive Bus (Mark, Suzy, Holly, Jan & Eugene). Made 23 dives including Pierbaai, Car Pile, Tugboat, Directors Bay, Varsenbaai, Porto Marie, Breezes Reef, Marriot Reef & The Superior Producer. All the dives sites offer something a little different from each other, you really can't go wrong with any of the dive sites. Best advice as stated by other SB members on this thread is to check out http://www.the-dive-bus.com or email Suzy & Mark with any question about the island. They are always more than happy to help. Good luck and have a great trip. ( we are already planning next years trip back!!) Tom & Isabelle

Hi Greg, I just want to recommend you to go to Sea-Aqarium, there you can find folders and also they have a closed space so that you and your wife can swim with all kind and types of fishes. you can visit also our beaches That are very beautiful, like Hooks-Hut, Mambo, Kenepa etc. If you are a group of for example 10 to above, you can go with a boat to Klein-Curacao, (a small Island on the sea with a sandy beach) it is an experience that you will never forget.

Chris

There are lot of sites to dive at the west end of Curacao, such as Kas Abou, Porto Mari And Habitat Hotel. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful diving experience diving at Curacao.
Ann-Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom