Curacao resort Suggestions Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Sunset Waters only have 2 tank dives for the day?
What times do the boats go out?
How close are the dive spots?
Is your surface interval between dives done back at the resort?
What about equipment schlepping? Do they have lockers?
Basically, how is the dive operation run?

Scuba Monster:
Does Sunset Waters only have 2 tank dives for the day?
What times do the boats go out?
How close are the dive spots?
Is your surface interval between dives done back at the resort?
What about equipment schlepping? Do they have lockers?
Basically, how is the dive operation run?

http://www.sunsetdiver.com/

am/ pm
10-35 minutes
mostly on the boat/ with light snacks
yes, nice area for storage/rinse
Mike runs a tight ship, good crew

scubatexastony:
http://www.sunsetdiver.com/

am/ pm
10-35 minutes
mostly on the boat/ with light snacks
yes, nice area for storage/rinse
Mike runs a tight ship, good crew

Ditto on all, I don't remember the specific times the boats go out but I think it's on the website--seems like it was 8 or 9am. I wanted to point out that there are morning and afternoon trips available, but the afternoon trip only goes out if they have at least 4 divers, the morning trip goes out every morning no matter what the number of divers. The first time I went was June 2004 and we went out every morning--there were only 2 of us! That was heaven.....:)

hey angie,
we were at sw one time you were.
we all had a blast.
jim, the manager would take the time to speak to each of his guests daily.
good food.
good diving.
very pleasent vacationers.
nice trip.

hey angie, where are you going next season?

smokey braden:
hey angie,
we were at sw one time you were.
we all had a blast.
jim, the manager would take the time to speak to each of his guests daily.
good food.
good diving.
very pleasent vacationers.
nice trip.

hey angie, where are you going next season?

Hey Smokey! Of course I remember you and your family--Scott and I loved hanging out with you all! So how many dives does your son have now--I'm sure he's racking them up! :)

While I'd love to go back to Curacao, and probably will maybe in 2008, (of course I'll stay at Sunset Waters :) I'm exploring some other locales for 2007. On the short list are Bonaire, Belize, T&C, perhaps La Paz, maybe Grand Turk....so many options so little vacation time and money.

What about you guys? Maybe we'll end up being able to meet up on a dive trip somewhere!

smokey braden:
hey cxg31s,

my son tells me he is 18 and an adult.
it is not cool for him to dive with his dad.
this past august in coz i dove, he drank tequila and chased girls.

have you heard of this place?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/10/09/texas.desert.ap/index.html

sorry for the hijack.

LOL Yup he's at that age, isn't he? :)

Yes I've heard of Balmorhea--a few of my friends have made that LOOOONG drive over there to go. They loved it--said it was like diving in a big aquarium plus they went during the winter and the water was still around 75 degrees--the temp stays constant year round. I haven't been because I just can't justify driving that far to dive in a pool when it's only a 2.5 hour flight to Coz where I can dive in a whole ocean. :)

Are you guys planning on a visit to TX?

We're pondering a trip to Curacao in February/March.

Two questions here:

1. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton on Curacao?
2. Howz the temperatures in February/March?

p.s. - we went to Balmorhea for our check out dives last year. Small area to dive but the trip was fun. Good fun to be had at Fort Stockton right down the road too.

We stayed at the Marriott, but the Hilton looked nice as well. Just watch out for the 60 year old topless lady...

vox:
We're pondering a trip to Curacao in February/March.

I suppose I'm not really adding to the discussion other than to say that the three of us are booked into the Lodge Kurá Hulanda & Beach Club on the northwestern part of the Curacao the first week of March. We are set up with Ocean Encounters West for our diving. We are down for the sun and relaxation, not exclusively for the diving. My wife is going to do her AOW and my son and I are going to do the Wreck Specialty, as well as diving for "fun". The resort also offers all the other ammenities for when we are not diving, and just relaxing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom