Curacao Sunset Waters 8/15-23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDenning

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings, I'm heading to Curacao staying at Sunset Waters from August 15th - 23rd. Plan on doing at least 3 full days diving with Sunset Divers. But may also like to do more.

If you plan on being there the same time look me up, lets do a dive or three. I plan on taking photos, and just enjoying the water.

I'll post a report and some photos upon our return.

The day you leave is the day I arrive!!
I'll be in Curacao the 23rd to the 27th.

I wish you as great a time as I plan on having.

Just came back from the dive shop, had to replace my new strobe that turned out to be defective. Looks like I am now ready, and anxious to try it out.

Besides diving. I'd love to go out sailing. Is there any opportunity? Thinking of an island tour also, would love to go take land photos as well as underwater.

Any tips on what we should bring, or not bring? I love to travel as light as I can, dive gear makes up for that. So does my wife:) But really anyone been to Curacao, or specifically Sunset Waters and wished they didn't leave this or that at home?

I can't see that we'll be going out to anyplace POSH to eat, so I figured shorts are just fine for me.

Shorts are fine but.... please bring a lightweight pair of pants and closed shoes to wear at night. With just a few showers the mosquitos are out, but usually just after dusk and into the night. Trust me, put them on before the sun sets; you'll be happier.
Sunshine

Greetings, I'm heading to Curacao staying at Sunset Waters from August 15th - 23rd..

We'll be there from 8/9 to 8/23. We'll be hanging out at The Dive Bus with Mark, Suzy & Tim. www.the-dive.bus.com
If you make it down that way, you can access the Car Pile from their place. Can't help much with the "wish I had brought this" thing, because according to my wife I tend to bring everything anyway:D. BTW I see you are from the Atlanta area. How is the aquarium? We are doing the dive there in early November.:14:
Tom & Isabelle

We were there 1st week in June and I was amazed at the lack of bugs! Either we got lucky or its ok at that time of the year. Never hurts to pack the bug spray though! If you get one of the rooms with the spiral staircase I'd recommend bringing helmets :) I think I can still feel a few lumps from walking into that sucker on the way to the john! Oh yea, throw in a pair of blinders if your room is above the nude beach :) Seriously, very casual. This was the lightest pack we ever did and we were not lacking anything.

Back
Top Bottom