• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Current Restaurant Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by candacebot, Sep 9, 2020.

1. RayfromTX

RayfromTX Student Of Gas Mixology Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Don Jose's on Benito Juarez between 15 and 20

candacebot likes this.
  2. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

I started going to Cozumel almost 20 years ago and it was too far to walk for me then. Ask the hotel clerk how much a taxi is to the square downtown, agree on that price with the driver before boarding, and enjoy your vacation. It won't be much, much cheaper in Pesos than USDs.

I don't see any hours on their site. Google maps claims 5 pm until midnight, but Tripadvisor says 5 am until 10 pm. Do you know? Oh, their FB page says 3:00 PM - 8:45 PM, I guess it varies with seasons.

Spray early and often.

candacebot likes this.
  3. candacebot

candacebot Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks for the recommendations and tips all! Much appreciated!

4. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

Oops, I meant to say the opposite, as paying with Peso almost always is cheaper, and taxi drivers can give the worst conversion rates.

5. ReefHound

ReefHound PADI Pro

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I took a taxi to town and my look at the zone charts said was $70. I gave him a $100 peso And got out with the intent of calling it even since he was so friendly. He called out amigo and I thought uh oh here we go, and then he held out my change. I kid you not.

deepsea21 and gopbroek like this.
  6. Sallygirl

Sallygirl Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    That is unusual!! Very nice. I've read many stories about cabs. Overall, we have had good experiences. I did have a conversation with a cruise passenger I met one day who had paid a ridiculous price in dollars...

7. newgentry

newgentry Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Pancho's is now open, I think their first day was earlier this week, like maybe Monday. We had dinner there last night, and it was very good. They're actually sitting most of the diners outside the front door on a new patio that they've constructed. Makes for a very good view of the water while you're dining although you need to be comfortable with the Melgar traffic being just a few feet away from your table. They also have a couple tables inside for those who want a/c (or no traffic noise).