Current temps at Blue Springs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Blue Springs recently? If so, what temps did you have? How was the vis?

I've got the "itch" and can't wait to hit the water again!:D

We went on March 17th and the water temp was 42 degrees. Cold in a wetsuit, but great to be in the water. Also went to Hidden paradise couple weeks ago the temp there was 45. Vis that day was horrible. But once again it was great getting into the water.

Hidden Paradise used to be nice.... 10 years ago. Over the last few years, the quarry has not been treated and the vis has been terrible. I can't remember exactly how deep it is at the deepest, but I think it's around 35 feet in the deep hole/pit. The last few visits we actually just followed the wall around cause the vis was so bad. Another note... getting from the car to the entry points at HP can be rough... steep hills on one side, and a steep LONG stairway on the other side of the quarry. If you use the ramp that decends into the water, be careful... it's very slick. When it comes to changing clothes, at HP there is a dressing room, but it's at the office... most people do the "behind the towel" changing trick at the quarryside. Price-wise... HP is much cheaper. I think it's $8 or $10... where BS is $20. I'd rather spend the $20 and have a "changing area" and decent vis, and decent stuff to look at. The major downfall at BS is that there is no running water... so no flush toilets.

Blue Springs is FAR nicer, yet, still not a gem to "look at" topside! LOL

OH... and thanks for the current temps! Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to get in the water! LOL

wb416:
In general, how does Hidden Paradise compare to Blue Springs? I've not been to either one, but am still learning the local quarries since I'm still relatively new to the region.

Blue Springs isn't too shabby. A bit on the pricy side given the fairly rustic topside conditions, but the quarry is nice and a good amount of stuff to see ... cabin cruiser, a few boats, a few cars, armored car, tubes, buoyancy course and a few other odds and ends. It bottoms out around 60' and averages maybe 40'-45'. It's worth a trip. It's also pretty good size. Should have room for your scootering!

I do wish it had more fish, running water and electricity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom