Current water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do. Same decision for me, 3mm vs 5mm. Bit tougher for my wife, who only owns a 3 and a 7.

James

Water temps today are 80'. You will find the surface temps sometimes drop a touch if there has been a lot of rain. But this is summer and we will have theses temps now steady until November. I've been diving here for 14yrs and am very acclimatized. A 3ml shortie is all that's needed and often visitors wear less than that at this time of hear. Winter, however, is another story.

Will do. Same decision for me, 3mm vs 5mm. Bit tougher for my wife, who only owns a 3 and a 7.

James

I got 11 dives in two weeks ago, water temp 79. I wore a 3 mil which was perfect.

Just got back from my liveaboard trip. 81 degrees at the surface at conception island and San Salvador. Temps at depth ranged from 81 on most dives to 79 on a couple dives where there must have been some upwelling. Long Island was cooler, with 77 degrees at depth.

James

That's great James. It's a balmy 49 degrees F surface temperature here with 6 foot swells. With a Dry Suit it was great, but I'm still envious... :)

Explorer Ventures's Turks & Caicos Explorer II boat. My wife and I had a terrific time. Diving was solid, great boat, great crew, good weather, and fun fellow passengers. Not a lot of info out there on this itinerary, so I'll try to write up a trip report in the next few days.

James

Back
Top Bottom