Customer Service expectations

Am I unreasonable?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What you're saying is so insane within this context it's truly laughable. I don't think you guys realize how small these companies really are. UWLD=1, Silent Submersion=2, Light Monkey<6 can't remember exactly, etc etc. These companies need to go to these trade shows in order to meet with as many of their dealers as possible because it is so impractical for them to leave during the year because the company essentially stops when they are gone. They choose the one week a year where pretty much everyone is in the same building to get all of that done. What you're saying they should do is stop any opportunity at business growth, stop any relationship they have with their dealer networks, not take any vacations, etc. all because someone can't wait a week during a massive industry trade show. The comparisons to a company like Shearwater are hysterical because they have over 100 employees, so of course very little is going to change during trade show season. They have dedicated teams that exist for customer support, repairs, and marketing. Those have very little overlap so you won't have much of a change during trade show season. The companies of a few, or even one, don't have that luxury. I will say the onus is on them to adequately communicate that during trade show season and that is on LM in this case for inadequate communication in this instance, but what you're saying is truly ridiculous for these really small companies.
My only failure - and it WAS a failure - was to not specify an exemption for truly tiny mon-and-pop garage-shop type companies. I'm guessing you are referring to the number of employees in those three companies. That sentence was a bit incoherent. For those companies, I would give a pass. OBVIOUSLY they are logistically prohibited from acting as I suggested. And no, I had no idea that they are so small. Mea culpa for not know who's a TINY startup. To be clear though, my "so called expert" opinion is based on history with a company as small as 10 people. My assertion stands at that size.
My disappointment here is that I had decided that you were one whose opinions had higher than average value. What's disappointing is to see such an irrational lack of logic as is required to assert that I believe they should stop... stop... etc. Just a stupid assertion..."insane", "truly laughable", "truly ridiculous", one might say. Who pissed in your Corn Flakes?
As I said, I failed by omitting an exception for a tiny operation.

Back
Top Bottom