Cuteness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSC_0200-1.jpg

DSC_0197-1.jpg

No...Marley just is happy to be in my world! You train them, just like men and kids. they are all just looking for a leader. :D

DSC_0118-3.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Pool chemicals would probably be pretty hard on baby ducks, anyway.
it's Ozone, you can drink it, they say. The big aquarium in Waikiki is purified the same way, ozone bubbles.

Another batch of duck hatchlings are at the dock, said to be 3 days old (4 today). Think we counted seven of them. Stopped for a cold one or two at the KBC, and they were all huddled under the mother on that little ramp up to the dock someone made for them. Looks like that mostly white/tan colored mother duck that lost that other batch a while ago.
OH! thanks for the update. This mother duck?

IMG_0720-1.jpg

...That was one sad morning, when those were all part of the food chain.

This is a fantastic picture, the new camera is serving you well.
DSC_0118-3.jpg

Nice job on saving him.
...well, that's the story. You never really know with kid's kayaking around with the pool net. In my old neighborhood, the "found" an exotic coy "somewhere". We snuck it back and gave it's gills a good CPR "flush". :11doh: We had a little talk about "finding" things.

thanks Jen!

catherine96821:
No...Marley just is happy to be in my world! You train them, just like men and kids. they are all just looking for a leader. :D
Ohhhhhhh....thems fightin words....LOL

catherine96821:
...well, that's the story. You never really know with kid's kayaking around with the pool net. In my old neighborhood, the "found" an exotic coy "somewhere". We snuck it back and gave it's gills a good CPR "flush". :11doh: We had a little talk about "finding" things.

:lol: Whoops! :wink:

See? ...I am stoned everday, naturally.

Ohhhhhhh....thems fightin words....LOL
they call me alpha-girl

This duck is wearing me out though, very needy of attention. Sneaking him into the Hilton duck pond will be something I look forward too. He (Afleck) is not happy being alone.

catherine96821:
OH! thanks for the update. This mother duck?

IMG_0720-1.jpg
Pretty sure it is, only one female has that that light head, AFAIK.

Funny that there has only been one other batch (that I have seen) since this one lost hers. My wife wondered if some of the ducks are just more adaptable to hatching and raising ducklings than others.

--Or she is the favorite girl around the marina!

catherine96821:
This duck is wearing me out though, very needy of attention. Sneaking him into the Hilton duck pond will be something I look forward too. He (Afleck) is not happy being alone.
Well, don't ask Paris to help you out for at least 45 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom