Dacor Pressure Gauge Hose Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waytoodeep

Registered
Reaction score
So have a Dacor pressure gauge in my gauge/computer console (not air integrated). It needs a new HP hose with a swivel for the gauge. There is a tiny o-ring where it swivels. I need to find a hose with the standard HP fitting for the 1st stage and a swivel adapter for the gauge end - it is a tight fit where the connection goes thru the console.
Any suggestions as to what brand might be a compatible replacement?

Thanks!

DGX is usually a good place to get hoses. you can get a rubber hose or a braided flex hose. either way make sure you get a new spool too and lube it with tribolube or silicone grease used in the diving industry or take to your LDS and have them do it for you. they might even change it out for free if you bring in all the parts

You just need a std. HP hose and a new spool that goes between the gauge and HP hose that allows the gauge to swivel. I would just go to a local dive shop because they are most likely going to have the needed Hose Protector Installation Tool to pull the HP hose through the console boot. It can be done without it but it is a PITA.

Actually, the spool (it pulls out and is usually brass) has two o-rings on it. I've had good success just replacing the o-rings and cleaning out the hole with a Q-tip and some silicone grease. The o-rings have been size 003 on every SPG I've worked one, which is somewhere around 10. If the hose is leaking at the connector just above the swivel then it might just be the o-rings, but hoses do go bad sometimes.

Also, the braided hoses have been getting bad reviews.

How old is it? The really old ones don't have a spool, just a tube with 1 or sometimes 2 003 o rings.

Gauge connections are all the same size on the hose end. Any HP hose will fit. You just have to decide how long you want it to be and braided (the new ones don't have the interior deterioration problems) or rubber.

How old is it? The really old ones don't have a spool, just a tube with 1 or sometimes 2 003 o rings.

Gauge connections are all the same size on the hose end. Any HP hose will fit. You just have to decide how long you want it to be and braided (the new ones don't have the interior deterioration problems) or rubber.

My mistake--I misinterpreted "spool" as the brass tube with 2 o-rings on it. I guess I need to look at one newer than the 80s.

It is probably circa 2005. I unscrewed the connector and noticed that it had a swivel and a tiny O-ring on the gauge side. Don't know if it has a spool. Nothing leaks 'yet'.

It is probably circa 2005. I unscrewed the connector and noticed that it had a swivel and a tiny O-ring on the gauge side. Don't know if it has a spool. Nothing leaks 'yet'.

That post with the o ring is probably a spool (not sure of the year Dacor started using spools) with another o ring on the other side. Just don't use metal pliers to pull it out, you'll scratch it all up. You should replace both o rings. If you dive nitrox, don't use silicone lube. Use just a little O2 compatible lube on the o rings (tribolube or cristolube).

The spool is still in the gauge. Pull it out, there is another O-ring hiding in there.
Fairly common for those to go bad and start leaking. Usually just a dribble but can be worse. They do live in my save a dive kit, and they have been used. I keep complete spools loaded with O-rings ready to go.

Generic dive parts, nothing special about the Dacor brand here.

I have one or two Dacors and I think they are older than that, but that's still 13 years so personally I would replace the two 003 o-rings and the 012 on the regulator end (HP) instead of waiting until I'm 3000 miles from home and it starts leaking :)

Back
Top Bottom