Dacor Tiger Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turk6482

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Question concerning the Dacor Tiger Fins. Anyone try these fins? Any comments good or bad? Also, I've been told that the Black Tiger fins are to stiff for the average diver and I should go with the yellow ones for every day use. What are your comments..........

Thanks

Turk6482:
Question concerning the Dacor Tiger Fins. Anyone try these fins? Any comments good or bad? Also, I've been told that the Black Tiger fins are to stiff for the average diver and I should go with the yellow ones for every day use. What are your comments..........

Thanks

I have the Dacor Tigers...Mine are blue, but I would be interested in knowing why you believe color has anything to do with flex...It doesn't make sense to me that a different color would have different design (except for the actual color), assuming they are the same model and size.

I like my fins and will continue to use them as long as possible...

When I looked and compared them.....the black ones are of a slightly different material and are stiffer. The lds I was at said that if your legs arent in excellent shape and you do a lot of dives successively , then you can expect to tire and have some soreness. Personally...I didnt get them because of the price they were at....not the stiffness or not.

I borrowed a pair and didn't like them. The diver who owned them didn't like them either. And they were his second pair, replaced by Dacor because one fin snapped in half on one of his first dives in them. Said that occurrence was not uncommon with that fin.

Just 2 divers' opinions, though. Fins are a very personal and subjective thing.

theskull

With a few manufacturers color does in fact make a difference ... they market them by color for ease of selection but can be made of different materials. I own a pair of the Yellow Dacor Tiger fins. They are a bit more stiff than the Grey Scuba Pro Split fins - and a bit softer than the black Scuba Pro Splits. One comment take it for what it's worth - they tend to slice the water a bit side to side on each stroke - which can be overcome with practice, but it means that you have to apply some muscle to stabilizing the ankle.

So being that I love Scuba Pro above all others - Why you may ask do I own a pair of Dacor Tiger's? Because as an instructor I must do 2 things:
  • I must be easy to spot - yellow makes being seen by students easier in all manner of water visibility
  • I must wear brands sold by the shop that I'm working for <hehe>

Thanks for the input. I know fins & masks are a personal choice but information from ones who have already tried and either like/ dislike (been there/ done that) help in making a decision.

DiverBuoy:
With a few manufacturers color does in fact make a difference ... they market them by color for ease of selection but can be made of different materials. I own a pair of the Yellow Dacor Tiger fins. They are a bit more stiff than the Grey Scuba Pro Split fins - and a bit softer than the black Scuba Pro Splits. One comment take it for what it's worth - they tend to slice the water a bit side to side on each stroke - which can be overcome with practice, but it means that you have to apply some muscle to stabilizing the ankle.

[/list]

You seem to say that color makes a difference, and then back it up with colors from different manufacturers...rather than diff. col.ors from the same model of the same manufacturer....Seems like an inconsistent argument...

That being said...Tigers aren't for everyone. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom