Dangerous lies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like I tell my kids, I distinctly remember walking uphill to and from school (through the snow.)

@dberry , "walking UPHILL (coming & GOING) through the snow". :rofl3: Yes, indeed. Seems impossible, but we did it. :D

I remember telling my kids about the time I saw snow. It was on the discovery channel :wink:

I remember telling my kids about the time I saw snow. It was on the discovery channel :wink:
I remember last year's summer. Unfortunately, I was in the bathroom when it happened.

What next? 2 cent candy bars!!!
Kids today have it to good. I recal
What next? 2 cent candy bars!!!
2c Gas?
Actually, according to a teacher of mine (he was old when I was younger) there is a connection between snow and cow paddies. The former is cold, the latter is warm when fresh. And when you were a school boy, trying to make a buck as a messenger boy in a rural village where nobody had a phone yet and trekked and you had only sandals for shoes, your feet were freezing off. So it was like heaven when the farmer you just delivered a message to allow you to pause your feet in one of the fresh, warm paddies in his stable. (True story, I did not believe it, so I went and asked some farmer families when I was a kid. They verified)

So us telling our kids how we trekked or bicycle to school through the snow just softens them up even more. :)

But I can't say nothing. There must be a law in our neighborhood against kids waiting for the bus in the snow whilst not sitting in mom's running car at the end of the driveway... Mom's law maybe...?

Back
Top Bottom