Data loss.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Is it just me or did the last few hours worth of data disappear?

I had trouble accessing the forum when I was able to get back the latest thread was 4 hours old.

Just wondering....

We're moving servers... trying not to lose a thing, but crap is going to happen. Bear with us.

Is it just me or did the last few hours worth of data disappear?

I had trouble accessing the forum when I was able to get back the latest thread was 4 hours old.

Just wondering....
I'm just surprised you can figure out 4 hours at a time :)

We're moving servers... trying not to lose a thing, but crap is going to happen. Bear with us.
I figured.

Assumed others might be wondering too.

I was wondering as well. Saw a PM come to me via email, went to respond in SB, couldn't get on. When I eventually did, the PM wasn't there.

Well, at least it isn't SB's fault I worked 5 hours on coding this morning and with one foul swoop it got disappeared.

yay matlab.

I just lost all communication and posts after buying something from a classified ad. All correspondence vanished, glad it is a server thing and not something more fishy. At least I hope so.

Sorry about that. This move will improve both speed and reliability. We are now enjoying full scalability on Amazon's cloud.

i noticed a "lost" post on a thread (i got it via email and then it was not in the thread...). conjured lots of conspiracy theory stuff since the post was from an "advertiser". No issues, the thread lives on.

Amazon cloud? I hope it is cheap. My impression is that the site load is mostly read only with very little write activity. A cache sever in front of an old laptop should be all that is needed...Maybe I am missing something?

p.s. keep up the good work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom